10 replies to this topic

#1 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1882 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

For sale is a brand new, never been wet Canon/L&M system. The camera is the Canon Vixia HF-G10.

1920 x 1080 HD Recording, 32GB Internal Flash Drive, 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots, Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor, 3.5" Touch Panel LCD, Color Viewfinder, Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens, Dynamic SuperRange Optical Stabilization, Customization Cinema-Look Filters, Professional Shooting Assist Functions

The housing is the Light and Motion OLED Bluefin housing. Visit the L&M site to see all of the details.

http://www.uwimaging...luefinoled.html

Also included 2 Canon 2100 mAh batteries and a 2 place Polaroid (Polaroid?) charger.

The system sells new for $5470 and you can have it for $4400. We bought the housing and camera with the incorrect understanding that there was a PRO version that had the flip up macro diopter system and one-touch exposure control which is on several of the L&M websites but in reality doesn't exist.

Pictures of the system on request but it is brand new in the box, never wet.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#2 kkfok

kkfok

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

For sale is a brand new, never been wet Canon/L&M system. The camera is the Canon Vixia HF-G10.

1920 x 1080 HD Recording, 32GB Internal Flash Drive, 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots, Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor, 3.5" Touch Panel LCD, Color Viewfinder, Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens, Dynamic SuperRange Optical Stabilization, Customization Cinema-Look Filters, Professional Shooting Assist Functions

The housing is the Light and Motion OLED Bluefin housing. Visit the L&M site to see all of the details.

Also included 2 Canon 2100 mAh batteries and a 2 place Polaroid (Polaroid?) charger.

The system sells new for $5470 and you can have it for $4400. We bought the housing and camera with the incorrect understanding that there was a PRO version that had the flip up macro diopter system and one-touch exposure control which is on several of the L&M websites but in reality doesn't exist.

Bill

Hi, does it come with any wide angle optics other than the standard flat port?

#3 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1882 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hi, does it come with any wide angle optics other than the standard flat port?

No just the flat port
BVA

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1882 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Bill

Price reduced to $4200 or make me an offer. Otherwise it will go to ebay.

Bill

Bill
www.blueviews.net

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

I'm surprised that they would advertise something that doesn't exist. Or maybe I shouldn't be.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#6 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1882 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm surprised that they would advertise something that doesn't exist. Or maybe I shouldn't be.
Steve

I think that they are not very careful with their ad copy. The sony BlueFin came in two versions one had both the OLED monitor back and the knobs for one touch aperture etc. I think they made the canon version and wanted it the same so they made the same ad but in reality they can't make the rest of the system work.

In any case, not very clear on anyone's website.

Bill

Bill
www.blueviews.net

#7 Lau

Lau

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hi Bil,

Is it still possible to access the exposure function through the menu?

#8 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1882 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi Bil,

Is it still possible to access the exposure function through the menu?

Yes indeed you can get at it through the menu easily enough, but my wife wanted one knob access. Actually that wasn't the biggest killer, but rather the fact that you can not use the flip macro bit.
Bill

Bill
www.blueviews.net

#9 Emer

Emer

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hello,

I am interested but based in Malaysia. Cam u post? If so, any idea of the cost. Many thanks. Emer

#10 edmond320

edmond320

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Is the housing able to use internal red filter?
If you can use internal red filter, what can't you change it to diopter lens?
What about one touch white balance ? Is the housing have this button ?
Thanks !!

Edmond

#11 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1882 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Is the housing able to use internal red filter?
If you can use internal red filter, what can't you change it to diopter lens?
What about one touch white balance ? Is the housing have this button ?
Thanks !!

Edmond

It certainly uses the red filter with no problem. It has one touch white balance no problem. The diopter is about 2 mm thicker than the red filter and you can put the housing together with the diopter in place but you can't move it once the housing is together.
Bill

Bill
www.blueviews.net