Photo
- - - - -

Recommendation on how to sell UW equipment

Nauticam Canon 7DMarkII Strobes Sea&Sea YSD-2 Vacuum Pump H2O Arms Housing 7NA-7DMarkII Nauticam Housing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ConnyF76

ConnyF76

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hi All,

I am looking for some help and recommendations as I had a bit of a bad experience in the past.

For some reasons I managed to get myself into upgrading from a TG4 to a 7DMarkII for my underwater photography. As you can imagine, if you have not previous experience with a SLR this is most likely not going to work. It took me over half a year to accept my mistake and I want to sell my whole set up now as I just cannot handle it.

What way would be the best for selling it? I bought my whole set up at a retailer in Germany but I am in Malaysia currently.

Any good websites or resellers you can recommend?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Best regards from KL,

Conny

#2 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:23 AM

How about the classifieds here at wetpixel?

Canon Vixia HF-S30, L&M Bluefin Pro
Public Safety Diver

#3 Kraken de Mabini

Kraken de Mabini

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, travel, carpentry, gardening, biology, physics, design & build UW custom gizmos

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

This is my approach to selling scuba equipment.  As background, I have sold over 14 housings for friends or myself, it is a hobby, not a business.

Steps: 

Description: Write a clear and complete list of items for sale.  Describe each item, with all the good and bad points, do not leave out any bad points, be completely objective and clear.  Edit your write-up carefully over several days to make sure it is objective, clear and complete, take your time, writing is difficult for all of us, it is hard work, do it with the reader in mind.

Photos:  Post many clear photos, so the customer can see understand and decide in your favor.

Questions:  If the client emails a question, reply immediately, clearly, honestly and completely.  Not replying equal no sale.

Price: Set a reasonable sale price for this look at similar equipment on sale in eBay, Wetpixel, Scubaboard, etc. If shipping within the same country, free shipping is a nice incentive to the buyer.  Make sure the cost of shipping is fair and clear to the buyer. 

Payment: I use Paypal for the transaction to provide security for the buyer and myself, no problems thus far..  

Shipment: Overseas shipment of equipment can be tricky, so discuss the best means with the buyer to make sure she/he receives it.  I have shipped Leica cameras to buyers in Russia and Malaysia, for example, using eBay's shipping service with no problem.  

Good luck!

#4 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 1858 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Great advice Mr de M!

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D800, Nikkors 105mm and 16-35mm, Sigma 15mmFE - Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nauticam, Canon 7DMarkII, Strobes, Sea&Sea, YSD-2, Vacuum Pump, H2O Arms, Housing, 7NA-7DMarkII, Nauticam Housing