Nauticam gh5 GH5 port GH5 lens GH5

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:48 AM

It is the one that comes with the buoyancy collar, to make it easier to pull the release tab.  You can see it in this photo:

https://www.nauticam...ollar-for-wwl-1

Panasonic Lumix GH5, Small HD, Nauticam
Public Safety Diver

#42 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:53 AM

I got another one of those extensions to go on the bayonet holder so its easy also to remove from the holder too

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rigs: Nauticam BMPCC4K, Nauticam Lumix GH5V, 14-42mm II, Nauticam WWL-1, Atomos Inferno and DivePro G18 Plus Lighting. Underwater Insta360 One X.

www.richardwait.com / Custom 3D Designed UW Parts

#43 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:24 AM

This is really not funny. Before my last trip to Tiger Beach I bought a second hand unit from Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale that came together with buoyancy collar and hard cap

When I got back to the hotel I checked and realised the buoyancy collar was mounted incorrectly and the hood was misaligned which would result in vignette so I had to disassemble the item and put it back together. In the box there was this little red and black plastic piece that I could not work out what was for as it was not on anything realised the lens with the collar (and without what I know now was the extension) could not be removed 

I was testing some of the keldan filters for keldan actually and as I could not remove the lens in water without removing the collar and I wanted to keep it on had to change my approach to the tests and ended up only once taking the filter off in water as without this extension it is actually impossible to take the thing off. The funny thing is that the guy who shot the video on how to install the collar was the one selling me the lens with the collar incorrectly installed. My fault for not checking his video lol

At the end the test results had not changed but what I could have accomplished in 3 minutes took 2 dives 

I now have to hope I did not throw away the name red and black plastic item that was not attached to the lens! Great customer service I would say

Still I do not fancy the bayonet holders and their bulk and it would have not changed my approach to macro and the flip diopter as I do not use buoyancy arms anymore so have nowhere where to put the holders

Edited by Interceptor121, 18 April 2019 - 04:32 AM.

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#44 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

Ahhhh, OK now that makes sense.  Yes, without that little piece, it would be much more difficult to remove the lens with the collar on.  I can imagine your frustration finding that out after the fact!  I also hope that you still have it stashed away somewhere.

Panasonic Lumix GH5, Small HD, Nauticam
Public Safety Diver

#45 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:37 AM

Ahhhh, OK now that makes sense.  Yes, without that little piece, it would be much more difficult to remove the lens with the collar on.  I can imagine your frustration finding that out after the fact!  I also hope that you still have it stashed away somewhere.

Well I had to take off the keldan filter and I can tell you it took me good 5 minutes while surrounded by 4 bull sharks> I will check when am back home if it is still there

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#46 gearbow_36218

gearbow_36218

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

I got another one of those extensions to go on the bayonet holder so its easy also to remove from the holder too

What extension please?

#47 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:31 AM

What extension please?

https://www.nauticam...-use-with-83225 for the lens holder on the arm

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#48 gearbow_36218

gearbow_36218

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

First macro dive.  I was a bit of a mess really but have loads of ideas for my next Macro dive. using the Oly-60mm macro.  Dropping my  FPS down really helped things in the shutter department.  I think most of these shots were at 1600 ISO f20-22 I shot at All-I 422/10bit 400mbts https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#49 bubffm

bubffm

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

Looks good. Maybe a bit on the bright side for my eyes, I‘d probably scale down Midtones a bit in post.

#50 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:23 AM

Looks good. Maybe a bit on the bright side for my eyes, I‘d probably scale down Midtones a bit in post.

The 60mm really performs poorly at f/22 and why go to ISO 1600?
Take out 2 stops of ISO and open the aperture to f/11 and the results will be better
Looks also a bit overexposed so would dim the lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#51 gearbow_36218

gearbow_36218

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know i am really happy so far with the WWL-1 with 12-14mm as Interceptor suggested.  I can do  a wide angle and close up on the same dive.  I can practically touch the subject and it is still in focus.  Cenote shots are way better.   I can go down to F8 and still have sharp corner focus allowing me to shoot 60fps.   I may keep the 7-14mm with glass dome for really  large animals at shallow depths. Thinking tiger beach, whale sharks.   

#52 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:09 PM

The 7-14mm has the same field of view of the wwl-1 on horizontal and is slightly narrower on the vertical I believe this is perfect for sharks and would not recommend a linear lens over it

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#53 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:06 AM

I can't think of a reason to keep the 7-14mm if you have the WWL-1

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rigs: Nauticam BMPCC4K, Nauticam Lumix GH5V, 14-42mm II, Nauticam WWL-1, Atomos Inferno and DivePro G18 Plus Lighting. Underwater Insta360 One X.

www.richardwait.com / Custom 3D Designed UW Parts

#54 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:44 AM

Wheight ???

#55 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

Wheight ???

The op has an olympus 7-14mm with a glass port so there are no significant benefits to the WWL-1 from that point of view

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nauticam gh5, GH5, port GH5, lens GH5