• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 satura

satura

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:00 PM

Just found http://www.patimahou...com/e_index.htm - they have cool looking housings for Oly C7070 and 5060. Even Digideep does not list "Patima" :)

#2 timoma

timoma

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

Wow!

I did not know Nikon makes the F80 also in a left handed configuration...

timo
It was already broken when I got here

#3 satura

satura

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

They also have a nice, technical design. Some kind of "Bauhaus" :)

Posted Image

#4 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:49 PM

Look at the camera photo again .. they have simply shown it mirrored .. NIKON may have been photoshopped but they forgot to photoshop the F80 ! its backwards !

they are pretty mean looking housings ... solid and yet chic looking ... wait can you use the world chic with diving and UWP ? that goes against everything i know as a dirty divemaster ... i must take my clothes out the laundry to make up for that ! :))

i didn't read but they look like aluminium .. which i would think make them super light too. probably cheap as well. NICE
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#5 mikedive

mikedive

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Mini Trucks,....

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:04 AM

Hi ,

I use it since 3 months ..... perfekt ...... I have a preversion for the C5060 and use it also with my 7070 . I is perfekt manufactured with a perfekt handling you always have the housing in two hands zooming with your forefinger ( right way )
and shooting with your thump. By shortening the inside resetspring you are able to get the fokus point and you are able to take long sutter times without any problems ( 1/15 ) if you are able to .
In Germany it will be delivered incl. the Oly TTL-C3 converter and the original Patima Nikonos socket .

I do not use the original handles my hands are to large so I have some addings cause I am Mikedive :D

here is a pic of my setup :
Posted Image

You see two Z220s with the prototyp MD buoncy armes and the MD Q40 pilot arm.

the wight is about 6,00 kg uw only about 100 g with the Inon UWL 100 and Domeport it is a little :D more but I am working at some solutions for the Inon to get it neutral.

any special questions ???

Michael
Nikon D300 - UK-D300 - different Lenses and Ports - MD04 Ball-Arms , YS 60speed / INON Z240 / Hartenberger hs250 ,and several other parts

#6 reefwalker

reefwalker

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the Underwater World and taking photos.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

Hi Michael
Can you tell me if the Inon 67mm threaded lenses fit the Patima 7070 housing? Does the UWL 100 lens also fit and work with this housing?
- Jeff

#7 mikedive

mikedive

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Mini Trucks,....

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:29 AM

Hi ,

you are able to use all M67 lenses I use the INON UWL100 + Dome , but you have to zoom to 6.7 mm to get no vignetting or to crop after , in combination with the dome you can use the whole zoom with out any blurry problems so it is posible to get WA makro shots down to a distance of 1.9 cm . Additional by using the hyperfokal settings ( 1/125 , f 5,6 MF to 58 cm ) you have a fixfokus cam with a depth of field from 30 cm up to infinety to use without the slow AF a perfekt solution to get out of the shutter delay. In combination with the Oly TTL converter you have a real ttl strobe fireing . Without the TTL converter ( incl. only delivered trough Tramex in Europ ) you will be able to trigger the strobe in manual settings and you may need a strobe with a few more then 4 manual power settings eg. the Z220 or the Sea&Sea Ys90 DX or Auto . The Inon D2000 and other optical triggered strobes are not supported cause there is no flash window in front of the housing.

Michael
Nikon D300 - UK-D300 - different Lenses and Ports - MD04 Ball-Arms , YS 60speed / INON Z240 / Hartenberger hs250 ,and several other parts

#8 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8387 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:41 AM

Look at the camera photo again .. they have simply shown it mirrored .. NIKON may have been photoshopped but they forgot to photoshop the F80 ! its backwards !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet there are a few left handed photographers eying up that camera.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).