2 replies to this topic

#1 audsred

audsred

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:10 AM

Hi

I am in Analio right now and I am using my Olympus EM1 M2 for the first time and can't get it to sync with my strobes.  I am trying to shoot manual with the strobes.  My camera setting are sync speed of 200, F16 and ISO of 100 and camera flash set to full.  We have tried all the different Inon settings and none of them are working.  Yes - we have tried with the magnet button in and out.  I swapped an Inon strobe with a buddy and my strobe worked on their Cannon dslr and his strobe didn't work on my Olympus.  I think it maybe a new setting on the Olympus?  I had the Em1 before and didn't have any problems with Inon strobes.   Fyi the strobes are firing but not sync'ing.  I am using fiber optic sync cords...

We have been trouble shooting this and have tried various flash related setting in the camera - we really don't know what to try next so if anyone has used this combo I would love to know what settings to use.

Thanks for the help

Audrey

#2 sjwhite26

sjwhite26

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

I use S-2000 strobes with the magnet in, flash set to manual (on camera) and to 1/64th.  Perhaps you have rear curtain sync on?

Sarah

#3 audsred

audsred

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

problem solved - on the flash menu I picked the 'lightning bolt' on the left and it should have been on the far right

Thanks for your help