• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:05 AM

Given the fact that you've had Keldans before (the 7000 lumen ones if I'm not mistaken) did you notice that these lights were brighter?

I had the 5000lm ones

I’ll admit the initial impression I have of them, is they are not any ‘brighter’ from my old Keldans - I didn’t have a ‘holy crap these are bright’ moment.

But for sure, I can tell they fill a lot more of the inside of a wreck and provide better fill lighting against reefs etc. So you’re getting the same level of lighting, but much more coverage.

Lighting up my living room, it’s light daylight in there with the blinds down with these on.

And having 4, then I do notice the increase in power (from the little diving of done with 4)

It’s a shame I had to sell the Keldans before I got these as I would of been interested in seeing a side by side.

I burn tested the batteries. Last the stated 60mins at full power with no perceivable drop in power as some lights do, due to heat issues.

Overall I’m well pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, 48,000lm of artificial sun.

www.richardwait.com

#22 EvilOtter

EvilOtter

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted Today, 04:38 AM

I am going back to Roatan next week and will finally have a chance to test out my V4K pros. I couldn't dive on my last trip due to a massive sinus infection. I am looking forward to sharing some samples here (of the video, not the infection :)

Scuba Diving Adventures in Roatán, Honduras

Please visit my YouTube channel: Fish Nerd Films

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SUPE, scubalamp, video lights