Photo
- - - - -

Olympus Tough TG5 Sleep time, how to set.

TG5 Sleep time Olympus Tough sleep time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kraken de Mabini

Kraken de Mabini

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, travel, carpentry, gardening, biology, medicine, physics, design & build UW custom gizmos

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

My new Olympus Tough TG5 seems to be a good underwater camera, easy and light to use, and I am pleased with its photos and videos.  But it turns off in one minute, which means I have to restart it, wasting time and photo opportunities.  The Manual does not have any instructions I can find on how to set the Sleep time, and I have Googled the subject and played with the Menu and Settings to no avail.

My hope is that one or more Wetpixelers have solved this Sleep problem and will kindly share their wisdom.  Many thanks.

Edited by Kraken de Mabini, 04 March 2018 - 08:14 AM.

#2 Kraken de Mabini

Kraken de Mabini

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, travel, carpentry, gardening, biology, medicine, physics, design & build UW custom gizmos

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

After I posted the above cry for enlightenment, Sir Butch of Hong Kong, an expert Olympus Tough underwater photographer, most kindly provided the answer.
-

The Sleep function of the Olympus Tough TG-5 can be set as follows:  

Press  Menu Custom Menu appears with a Gear Wheel on left side of the screen.

With the MultiSelector scroll down to the Gear > a box with Detailed Camera Options shows. 

Press OK > a column of letters, A to H, appears.  Scroll Down to H, press OK.

In the box of options, scroll to Sleep, press Right, a Box with Off, 1, 3, 5 minutes appears (Off is No Sleep). 

Choose your option, press OK, then press Menu twice to exit.  

If you choose Sleep Off, the live view screen will drain the battery much sooner, so remember to turn the camera Off when not shooting.  When out for a day of diving, it is a good idea to carry one or more charged Olympus batteries.