1592 replies to this topic

#1581 nickevey

nickevey

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a marine scientist working on coral reefs, and just starting to get really into underwater photography - joined this forum after being recommended by a friend. Hoping to find some good deals on underwater camera/housing combos (SLRs, preferably with Nauticam or Aquatica housing) , so feel free to message me if you think what you're selling might interest me!

Cheers,

Nick

#1582 kik

kik

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hi,

I'm Katja from Germany and want to share informations about video :-)

#1583 trweissert

trweissert

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

Hi I'm Tami Weissert from LaGrange, Georgia. Just purchased a new camera set up and looking forward to learning how to improve my underwater photography skills through this site.

#1584 stresser

stresser

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

Hi. I'm an experienced landscape photographer who recently learned to dive. Looking to learn about UW technique and pick up some gear

Steven

#1585 Laval

Laval

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:UW videography: macro and wide angle

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hello. I am from Toronto, Canada.  I have some experience in UW macro videography through attending an UW Macro Videography Workshop in Lembeh, Indonesia,  but I would like to do more wide angle videography.

I was trying to find some unbiased information about video lighting and had very difficult time until I came across this forum.  I hope to get a lot of useful information and share my experience through this site.

#1586 S.Sutton

S.Sutton

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Greetings, Scott Sutton, Southern California. Visited the site for the last couple of years, now officially onboard.

#1587 DiverDown2

DiverDown2

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:53 AM

Richard from Tennessee, Diving for 35 years, Now using Sony rx100ii,     Just ordered Nauticam System for my Nikon D-500.

#1588 tapitt

tapitt

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hi, 

I'm from Bangkok,Thailand . I use Hugyfot with Nikon D7000.

Follow my page

https://www.facebook.../?ref=bookmarks

#1589 DanielG

DanielG

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi,

I'm new to UW photography. I have a broad experience in diving up to Trimix Rebreather level and a lot of experience with normal photography. Now the challenge is to combine both and get good results (I already noticed how steep the challenge is :-) )

Regards,

Daniel

#1590 M.Plongeur

M.Plongeur

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm Simon from Canada and just logged as new member. I'm an underwater photographer for about 4 years now.

Best

Simon

#1591 ImpartialPressure

ImpartialPressure

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hi

I'm James Laver from Swindon,  UK.  I've been diving for 40 years - rebreathers for the last 17 - still alive and loving it.  I began shooting UW 35mm stills in Oman with a Uwe Kiehl housing and ringflash. More recently I've moved towards video now that the technology provides the ease of use and quality. Having LED TVs makes it worthwhile too!!  I dive an AP Inspiration Evo rebreather and am qualified to BSAC AI (1719) and TDI Mod II trimix on the RB.  One of my photos is on the cover of BSAC's Manual for the Inspiration rebreather.  My most memorable dives have been the Dahab blue hole with 7 other RBs on trimix as well as Thomas Canyon.  My most recent diving was in Gozo in March/April 2017.  I film using a GH5 in a Nauticam housing with the Olympus 7-12mm Zuiko.  I do a lot of solo shore diving and use a Bonex Reference RS to pull me around safely.

In case anyones in any doubt - diving a rebreather is a great advantage when filming underwater. I've had Dolphins sonar beam me knowing that something was different. I'm forever getting closer to sea life than is possible with open circuit.  Its why Howard Hall dives a BioMarine MK15.5 (one of the classics).

Upfront thanks to all the esteemed forum members who have contributed to it and who are the foundation of an ever burgeoning community that I hope will help to preserve our Oceans.

Cheers to all,

James

Edited by ImpartialPressure, 16 August 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#1592 heynsheyns

heynsheyns

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi, I'm Michael from Seattle, WA. I'm a PADI Instructor and I'm getting more into UW photography of late. I have a Sony RX100. 

#1593 jose-lito

jose-lito

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hi, I am José, from Granada (Spain). Just heard from this group and decided to join.

Started diving 6 years ago and currently I hold rescue diver certification.

My usual destinations are Spain (mainland and islands) and Colombia (where I travel for work reasons).

I currently shoot an Olympus omd-em1 with an aquatica housing. Lenses Zuiko 60 mm, zuiko 12-40 pro and Panasonic 7-14. 2 Inon z240 flashes and a +15 lens.

Thanks for sharing so much knowledge with the newcomers.

Cheers and see you around

José

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Edited by jose-lito, 20 August 2017 - 11:35 AM.