• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miguelpereira

miguelpereira

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hello. The only way I found until to today to fire my Subtronic Pro160 strobes is with custom 5mm optic fiber cables that I built. I use a manual led strobe trigger with red light in a Nauticam NA-D800 housing. This solution is however very cumbersome and the cables are easily damaged and I've been loosing many shots due to strobes not firing. Does anyone know a better solution using normal coiled fiber optic cables? I have a pair of these cables from Nauticam and they work with this setup with Inon Z240 and Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobes but not with my Subtronics. I guess they are a lot less sensitive than the other two.. Thanks. Miguel Pereira

Edited by miguelpereira, 17 October 2018 - 08:33 AM.

#2 Balage_diver

Balage_diver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photo and electronics

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

Hello. The only way I found until to today to fire my Subtronic Pro160 strobes is with custom 5mm optic fiber cables that I built. I use a manual led strobe trigger with red light in a Nauticam NA-D800 housing. This solution is however very cumbersome and the cables are easily damaged and I've been loosing many shots due to strobes not firing. Does anyone know a better solution using normal coiled fiber optic cables? I have a pair of these cables from Nauticam and they work with this setup with Inon Z240 and Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobes but not with my Subtronics. I guess they are a lot less sensitive than the other two.. Thanks. Miguel Pereira

Hello Miguel,  

The Inon and the D1 sensor is the best in the market now.  I think you have to try multicore optical cable to the correct firing.

Balazs...

TTL for all strobe....   TURTE TTL TRIGGER