Fisheye HG20DX focus light battery issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vetdiver

vetdiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Running, hiking, attending beer festivals, and coveting shoes and new dive gear.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hi -

I searched and found an old (2006) thread about this, but I thought I'd see if there are any new thoughts.

I recently bought a used rig that includes a Fisheye HG20DX focus light with 2 batteries. Love it, it has been wonderful. It has worked well for about 40-50 dives since I purchased it. However, the last week or so, I have noticed that - same as many of you described - I will charge the battery - starting with a solid red light indicating contact, waiting until all the lights are green to show a full charge. Then, when I place it into the light, it either shows the lowest level of charge (battery 1) or a flashing green light (very low/no charge - battery 2). I have been using the battery that demonstrates low charge, and it gets me through a single hour+ dive just fine. However, I'd really like to rectify the situation. We have a 3-dive charter this weekend, and I have the sinking feeling that the last dive and a half will be done either sans focus light or with my backup (Fantasea LED) light.

The light is always switched to "lock" when I place the battery.

I have bought another battery (arriving next week), but it sounds like some of you have adjusted the charger with some success? Alternately, I suppose it would be best to buy a battery + charger set.

Advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, and happy 2008 -
Allison
Canon 7D_Subal housing_ YS250 strobes

www.avitsky.com

#2 scubamarli

scubamarli

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

Sounds like you may have one of the older batteries/chargers. I ended up buying a new charger and battery and had my original charger replaced. Both work fine, as long as I use the charger that came with the new battery only with the newest battery. I have no idea why; it just seems to be a glitch. I just have to remember to check the serial numbers on the base and battery when I charge.

Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#3 vetdiver

vetdiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Running, hiking, attending beer festivals, and coveting shoes and new dive gear.

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

Thanks. That answers my question perectly and gives me some info to pass onto a friend who is having an issue with a new battery she bought!! I was afraid it was an old vs. new thing. I have a new battery on the way, and I think I'll buy a new battery/charger, as well.
Canon 7D_Subal housing_ YS250 strobes

www.avitsky.com