1 reply to this topic

#1 Emarcomd

Emarcomd

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

Hi Folks-

I'm looking for a photo instructor in January that will actually do "underwater" work with me.  I've taken great lessons from someone but they were exclusively on dry land.

I'm heading off to Cuba in February, and I'd really like to have practical instruction in wide angle shooting.

I've looked at Reef Photo, and there's nothing that's worked for me.  I've asked them if they could recommend someone who might do private lessons but they couldn't recommend anyone.

So anyone have any contacts?  

I shoot Canon 7D, but I don't really care if the instructor doesn't.  It's more strobe positioning and whatnot.  I know this stuff theoretically and have studied Alex Mustard's book inside and out, but nothing beats some hands-on instruction.

Thanks!

#2 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

In addition to living in North Palm Beach (a few minutes south of Jupiter), I have shot with both the Canon 7D and the 7D mkII. Reef Photo knows who I am. PM me if you like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: florida, class, instructor