• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomhauburn1

tomhauburn1

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

Bought a Aquatic housing from a set photographer who had been using it as a sound muffle. He had a large flat port on it. I need to get a dome port for a 10-17 Tonkina Nikon D7000 that will work. Not sure if I need port extentions. Also need the handle setup so it can take Ikelite arms and strobes. I was wired for them.  I mostly will do cave diving so not sure if Glass is the right kind of dome since scratches cannot be fixed.  I don't have micro lens but guessing this one is the size of a 105 but not positive. I am in the USA. I have used a 8 inch port before on a D200 setup. 

#2 divengolf

divengolf

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:User name says it all- Dive & Golf, plus a little fishin' when I can.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

I have a D7000 and use the 8" acrylic dome with the 10-17 and the Sigma 17-70. Both require extension rings. I believe that the 8" is available in acrylic only and the 9-1/2" dome is glass. The 9-1/2 is a beast to travel with.

Google "aquatic D7000 system chart" for details on components. For some reason, I cannot post the link here. Go to Nikon Type 4 lens chart on Aquatica site for info on the extension rings, etc.

Hope that this helps. PM me for more info.

Welcome to WP!!

#3 tomhauburn1

tomhauburn1

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

Thanks Sting Ray

Looking for the extension ring now

#4 diver21

diver21

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Hello Tom,

Too bad you already have a housing. This setup I have would have been perfect for you. 

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=62046

#5 tomhauburn1

tomhauburn1

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

Ya...I paid a 1000 for a housing, big flat port and camera body. Camera is not working on video and I suspect it will cost more to get it worked on than to buy another. Have you ever known anyone to use a Sigma 70 macro? Someone is offering a new one at a really good deal. Same person offering the vacuum system with electronics at low price. My leak detector seems to be working fine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aquatica, Domeport, Tokina10-17, Wanttobuy, Florida, cavediving