• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom_.park

Tom_.park

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

I get asked this question very often, so here goes, here is my Beginner and Intermediate gear advice. I've been shooting as a pro underwater photographer and videographer for a few years now so hope this helps!

Happy shooting! 🤟

#2 soundofdave

soundofdave

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

thanks!

#3 water buffalo

water buffalo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:18 PM

Excellent advice. If anyone is looking for the GH5, I see Backscatter has a Black Friday package available for about $1,300USD. That's almost half price.

Edited by water buffalo, 20 November 2018 - 01:27 PM.

Nikon D300, Ikelite housing, DS-125, DS-51, Yi 4K+

#4 Phaero

Phaero

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the video Tom! I have been thinking about a GH5 (for my first serious camera) and wondered if you could expand a bit more on why you think they aren't as good for stills? The 4k 60 frames per second is something I would like, but I also want to be able to use the camera for stills (above and below water. You mentioned that you use the Panasonic GX7 for most of your photo and video any chance you could run me through the pros and cons of that model vs the GH5? Thanks heaps for your help! 

Aero

I get asked this question very often, so here goes, here is my Beginner and Intermediate gear advice. I've been shooting as a pro underwater photographer and videographer for a few years now so hope this helps!

Happy shooting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camera, underwater, scuba, diving, photography, gear, advice, gopro