1 reply to this topic

#1 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photog.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

Can someone suggest the routing and airlines to go from Tahiti to Yap and Palau? Trying to organize a 6 week trip in July-August 06 without back-tracking too often.

Thanks

Neal

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6294 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:31 AM

That will be expensive....

The best thing would be to go with the Hawaiian Airlines flight from Tahiti to Honolulu, it only runs once a week, on Sundays (Or at least it did when i lived in Tahiti)
Then you jump the Continental to Palau via Guam. Continental runs to Yap from Guam on Weds, Thurs and Sats. I believe it is daily to Palau.

Your only other option would be from Tahiti to Japan with Tahiti Nui and then to Manila or Guam.
Or you could go Tahiti Nui via Auckland, Cairns, Guam but that would be the most expensive of the lot i would think.

Then again you could also go Tahiti Nui to LA and then jump to Honolulu to Guam....

Many choices...none will be cheap

M
ps. Are you following me? :(

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in the Lembeh Strait at NAD Lembeh with Doug Sloss in 2018
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in the ultimate classroom, Bali! or join us on a trip www.underwatertribe.com and www.baliuwphoto.com

Join us for a trip in Indonesia in Komodo or Raja Ampat