• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FaceOnEgg

FaceOnEgg

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

After diving with the PT-058 housing and KitDive tray I had some annoyances that I wanted to fix.

• Camera mode knob is difficult to turn with 5mm gloves on.
  • Need camera trigger from camera tray handle
  • Zoom knob not easily accessible from tray handle
  • lens cover floats around and gets into image

I 3D printed some mods out of PLA that have been great, I've dived with the knob and camera trigger a couple times but am excited to try out the lens holder and zoom knob.

Attached Images

• IMG_0594.JPG
  • IMG_0590.JPG
  • IMG_0592.JPG
  • IMG_0593.JPG

#2 briantrice

briantrice

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

Will you be making any of these parts and selling them? I love the shutter trigger located on the handle. What tray is that you are using? 

#3 FaceOnEgg

FaceOnEgg

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

The shutter trigger and lens cap holder have been working great, have gone on 40-50 dives with them. The zoom trigger I ended up getting rid of, it doesn't have good retention mechanism in the current design. I made them on my own 3D printer that I have, if you are interested message me and I could print a set for sale. 

The tray is from CamDive (Type B) that I got from Amazon: https://www.amazon.c...ding=UTF8&psc=1

#4 joftoday

joftoday

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

Hi, I have the same camera/housing and tray. Is the trigger still working well for you? Thanks!

#5 tursiops

tursiops

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

I solved some of the problems by reversing the tray so the handle is on the left, and no using the lens cap.

#6 joftoday

joftoday

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

But if you want to use two handles (because you have two lights and want to have a nice steady grip on the whole rig, getting to the shutter trigger is hard. A trigger on the right handle would be awesome. 

#7 Barmaglot

Barmaglot

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:51 PM

But if you want to use two handles (because you have two lights and want to have a nice steady grip on the whole rig, getting to the shutter trigger is hard. A trigger on the right handle would be awesome. 

I recently came across this on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpre...2882123729.html- ordered one for my Sony A6xxx housing; it should arrive in a few weeks and then I'll be able to report on how well it works in practice.