27 replies to this topic

#1 handlerphoto

handlerphoto

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

Well the Dema show is in full swing, the Wetpixel night was a really cool thing to have and hopefully the start of a tradition, got to put face and voice on names. then the photo part, which should be uploaded soon (out of my control) nothing to be censored, I hope aside from a few shots of the Aquatica guy (me) and the Ikelite guy (David Haas) having tons of fun chating, Hey that can't be right were supposed to be competitor :D , nice bunch of people we have here. Kasey and Marjo are trying to get me drunk every I pass in front of their US virgin Island booth, they got scores of rhum bottle and are more than generous with it.

Anyway, gotta hit the show for another day of fun, herr sorry!, work is what I meant :D

and NO nobody so far as skinny dipped in a fountain to my knowledge, but hey it ain't over and its Vegas baby.

Cheers

Jean
� Handlerphoto
Photo Workshops & expeditions/ Housing Sales & Support
www.handlerphoto.com
mauricio@handlerphoto.com

#2 handlerphoto

handlerphoto

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:39 AM

for your info i'm squatting Mauricio's Mac, (he's my roomy for the show)

Jean Bruneau, AKA Viz'art
� Handlerphoto
Photo Workshops & expeditions/ Housing Sales & Support
www.handlerphoto.com
mauricio@handlerphoto.com

#3 jdaley

jdaley

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:10 AM

Mauricio,

I was not able to attend the wetpixel happy hour but I have to again complement you on excellent presentation. I attended the "Top 10 images and the stories behind them" seminar and I was thoroughly impressed with the photographs and how you presented them. My only regret is that I was not able to attend your Great White Shark presentation.

Your passion for underwater photography is contagious, thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Best regards,

James
Nikon D2Xs, Subal Housing, Nikon 10.5mm, 16mm, 12-24mm, 17-55mm, 60mm and 105mm Micro, Dual Inon Z-220, Dual Sea&Sea YS-250Pro

www.clickndive.com

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:06 AM

Ok I'll pop by today... my hotel pool is out so I have to go early today.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 kathymm

kathymm

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:35 PM

Jean,

It was great to meet you and all the Wetpixelers Tuesday night. It is so fun to put a face to the names.

Kathy Mendes
BTW...Randy won one of the big bottles of rum that Kasey and Marjo's booth was raffling. We're switching our favorite drink from Margaritas to Daiquiri's. :D
http://www.divermaiden.com
Nikon D300 with 60 mm & 16 mm lens, SEA&SEA Housing, Sea&Sea YS110 Strobes

#6 fdog

fdog

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

To all of you in Vegas....

thanks for contributing to our tax base! Hit the tables more often!

...wishing I wasn't shackled to work...

All the best, James

#7 Arnon_Ayal

Arnon_Ayal

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1826 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:06 AM

Seems you have a hard time there
We want pictures, incriminating as possible!
:D
Arnon Ayal www.arnonayal.com
Nikon D200, Ikelite housing, Dual SB105.

#8 underwatercolours

underwatercolours

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:skinny dipping, sailing, snow skiing, water skiing, art galleries, classic cars, flying

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

The DEMA show was much busier than last year and Vegas was heaps of fun! The Wetpixel happy hour was especially nice. It was great to meet a lot of Wetpixelites I didn't already know. Of course the next morning I swore I would never drink tequila again but that only lasted a day. I thought we had scheduled our skinny dipping party for Wednesday night at the Bellagio fountain, but nobody else showed up (except the security guards) and they were not nearly as much fun as the Wetpixel gang from Tuesday night - and they didn't bring their cameras either. Oh well, maybe next year, but I doubt that Orlando will be quite as wild as Vegas was.

Great to see you all there!

Bonnie

#9 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

Any interesting new UW photo equipment at DEMA? Did SEACAM show their new remote control?
Tom

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Canon EOS-1Ds MkII and MkIII and Nikon D1X, D2X, D2H cameras. Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 180mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 150D and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.
www.flickr.com/photos/tomkline/

#10 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

Who's this guy with a housing in hand? Lambis this is for you.

Posted Image

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#11 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

Gee, I told you to photoshop some hair on my head :D,

Back in Montréal, tired, jet lagged and feeling like the Airbus landed on my back, but hey what a great show it was for us, lots of interest on the D2x housing and the upcoming 5D housing. brought my camera gear with me but never got around to shooting anything, too busy with the restaurant, social etc.,

Lambis will like that one, A Nikon D2x housing in black, this one is for Peter Mooney but more like that one can be made, stay tune for my cream white version of this housing, I'm nostalic nd decided to go for the old paint scheme of the 80's and early 90's

I know there are other picture of Dema than this balding middle age u/w photographer, so come on girls and boys post away,
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#12 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:29 PM

Oh I thought you said add more wrinkles... sorry.

Drew

#13 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1600 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hope you all had a blast at DEMA. Couldn't make it this time. Looking forward to some reports (with pictures of ghosted faces.

Joe
Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#14 motionsync

motionsync

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:UW photography with available light<br />Freediving

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

Wow!!!!!!!! What a black beauty!!!! I cant wait to see more about the housing!!!

Serious Jean..I love it..

Now about the hair...
First you are not alone ;-)
Just say... My hair takes a long time to grow out!!!

Or like in we say in Greece: ...at least I dont need a haircuter ... God do this for me!! :-)
Lambis Stratoudakis - http://www.lambisstratoudakis.com

#15 cloustalot

cloustalot

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:16 AM

I'm back - got in last night and slept a full 12 hours...and could use some more!

I really enjoyed meeting everyone - and the show was a blast! There are some really cool new products to talk about, and I should have the full report finished up in a couple of days.

Ok - just a few more hours of sleep and I'll get started.... :D

Christa
Christa Loustalot

Canon 5D
Sea & Sea Housing & 2 DS 125's
http://www.photograsea.net

#16 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:39 AM

Jeez Jean, Blake said your attire is a little more well...vivid. :D

That Black housing looks sweet!
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#17 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

Sorry Todd, ran out of flashy shirt, so I had to put this discreet red shirt :D day before I had a bright orange shirt with a 70's tie, a force to reckon with this dude was, the PADI booth in front of us started giving away sun glasses (true) so I figured I should tone it down a notch.:D did'nt want to appear like I belong in Vegas to much. Well Todd what some of us do for shirt some other do into housings :D

cheers

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#18 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:21 PM

Looking forward to hearing more. Everyone is saying it was one of the best DEMAs for years.

The Ike DS80 looks interesting. Saw it on Scuba Diving's coverage.

http://dive.scubadiv...EMA/images.html

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#19 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:41 PM

It was for us one, of the best, but what a spreaded out floor, my legs got a workout on this one.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#20 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

Sorry Todd, ran out of flashy shirt, so I had to put this discreet red shirt :D day before I had a bright orange shirt with a 70's tie, a force to reckon with this dude was, the PADI booth in front of us started giving away sun glasses (true) so I figured I should tone it down a notch.:D did'nt want to appear like I belong in Vegas to much. Well Todd what some of us do for shirt some other do into housings :D

cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love my Red and White Aquatica housing. But what Canadian wouldn't. :D If I wasn't using it Blake could have displayed it at DEMA.
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz