24 replies to this topic

#21 cronix

cronix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hi Andre,

Your photo with the leopard seal is in the same issue of the magazine, in the new competition section for the readers' choice of outstanding photos.

BTW, it was one of my favourite shots at the CTS competition this year. I think I gave it the top spot when judging the entries.

Thanks for your vote :blush: :lol: . I was very proud to win CTS with this shot. And then the bonus of being second in the portfolio category.
D2X, 10.5mm, 12-24mm, 60mm, 105mm, SB800 in Subal housing, Seacam: housing, S45 viewfinder, Fisheye dome, superdome, wet diopters, 250 TTL Digital strobes (2)
The website of André Crone can be found at http://www.elysia.nl

#22 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1115 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:28 AM

Hey Mike! it looks like a multiexposure shot :blush: even the one in the background is in sync! I think I deserve one of those dives at least once in my life sniff sniff!!

Cronix: is there a way to see your pic? how does the leopard seal look at you? is it curious, afraid etc...?

D300, D7000, D7100. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Issota, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#23 cronix

cronix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:39 AM

Hey Mike! it looks like a multiexposure shot :blush: even the one in the background is in sync! I think I deserve one of those dives at least once in my life sniff sniff!!

Cronix: is there a way to see your pic? how does the leopard seal look at you? is it curious, afraid etc...?

Here is a VERY VERY BAD repro of my print. It's taken from the Celebrat the Sea site. Sorry, but I am not putting my original on the web yet. Trust me it's sharp :lol:

Posted Image

They are curious. They alway keep looking at you. Afraid, yes, I was. They are not afraid, why? You won't stand a chance when they want to hurt you. You just have to respect that.
D2X, 10.5mm, 12-24mm, 60mm, 105mm, SB800 in Subal housing, Seacam: housing, S45 viewfinder, Fisheye dome, superdome, wet diopters, 250 TTL Digital strobes (2)

#24 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1115 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:03 AM

They are curious. They alway keep looking at you. Afraid, yes, I was. They are not afraid, why? You won't stand a chance when they want to hurt you. You just have to respect that.

That´s an incredible pic :blush: !!!!!

I wondered because you are the only one I know that has dived with them and I had no clue on their behaviour...I thought that maybe they were afraid even though much more powerful, like sharks are with us...

D300, D7000, D7100. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Issota, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#25 cronix

cronix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

That´s an incredible pic :blush: !!!!!

I wondered because you are the only one I know that has dived with them and I had no clue on their behaviour...I thought that maybe they were afraid even though much more powerful, like sharks are with us...

Whow. I am now seeing this on my calibrated monitor. It is a very bad reproduction...

My impression is that non of the animals I have seen in Antarctica are afraid for humans.