Sony RX100 VI - Ultimate P&S camera?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kc_moses

kc_moses

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, baking, diving, videography, landscape and food photography.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

So, the Sony RX100 VI was announced, and it has 24-200mm focal length! This make it the ultimate point & shoot camera that can shoot wide angle (with wet lens) and very good macro capability that probably only need +5 or +7 diopter. If there is a housing for it, there many be a need to use port system like the LX100.

The questions I have is: Have Sony fix their custom white balance problem in their RX100 series?

This camera has HDR, just not sure about IS and log profile. Hopefully Panasonic would step up its game and compete!

Also, at this price point, may be the Black Magic Cinema Pocket 4K is a good option instead since it has RAW capability, higher fps and bigger screen. It's very exciting that consumers have more choices again!

Edited by kc_moses, 06 June 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#2 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:12 AM

Sonys white balance problem is with all their cameras, not just the rx series :)

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

#3 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

It's now a super zoom out to 200mm with a very long lens barrel. It will be very hard to house. Most of these are unusable underwater as such.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com

Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea, Olympus, Seacam, Gates, Ikelite, Zen, Fix, 10Bar, Kraken, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories. System Packages. Photo Expeditions.

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog - Flickr Galleries: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#4 kc_moses

kc_moses

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, baking, diving, videography, landscape and food photography.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

Yeah, I wonder how long is the lens barrel, it doesn't look too bad though:
1528210838000_IMG_999700.jpg

#5 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1742 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

It depends on the behaviour of the zoom

With all past RX100 the lens was the same lenght at wide and tele this made this camera a joy to use with wet lenses (especially the mark I and II)

If this is like a telezoom with the camera lens getting shorter at wide and longer at full zoom it will need a port system like the LX100

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog