Photo
- - - - -

Can someone identify this fiber connector please, and educate this newbie?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jviss

jviss

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Greetings,

I have a Watershot WDS-450D housing and it has two fiber optic bulkhead connectors.  The divert light from the popped-up camera flash to fire external strobes.

I do not know much of anything about fiber connectors and protocols.  I'd like to know what this is that I have, who makes it, what kind of cable is used, and so forth. 

In the annotated, exploded view you can see that the clear piece (5) presses into the body (4), sealing via the O-ring on the plastic piece.  The deflector (3) is placed on the projection of (5) and the E-clip is pressed into the bottom groove on (5) to secure it.  Item (6) is dropped onto (5) with the O-ring on (6) facing (5).  The cap (7) screws down on this this.  (4) passes through the blukhead and has an O-ring on the facing surface.  The nut (1) secures it.

Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

jv 

Attached Images

• Fiber Bulkhead Connector Assembly small.jpeg
  • Fiber Bulkhead Connector Top View small.jpeg
  • Fiber Bulkhead Connector Exploded View Annotated small.jpeg

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:08 PM

It looks like after you install it it takes a standard plug in sync cord - Sea & Sea, Olympus, etc. We call the connector SSHL.

Jack

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com

Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea, Olympus, Seacam, Gates, Ikelite, Zen, Fix, 10Bar, Kraken, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories. System Packages. Photo Expeditions.

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog - Flickr Galleries: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 jviss

jviss

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

Thanks, Jack.  I must say, with the funnel-like entrance to my connector, it looks more like it would accept a bare fiber, i.e., no connector.  Is this done?

#4 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

It might. or maybe both. You could contact Watershot.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com

Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea, Olympus, Seacam, Gates, Ikelite, Zen, Fix, 10Bar, Kraken, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories. System Packages. Photo Expeditions.

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog - Flickr Galleries: Optical Ocean on Flickr