• Please log in to reply
1552 replies to this topic

#1541 anthonygiorgio1@gmail.com

anthonygiorgio1@gmail.com

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hi, my name is Tony and I am a new member to Wetpixel.  I have been diving off and on for approximately twenty-five years and came back to the sport several years ago when I became interested in underwater photography.  I have always been into travel photography and this seemed like a perfect marriage of two long-time interests.  I started with a Canon G-12 compact camera and gear, which took excellent underwater images, and six months ago "graduated" to a DSLR set-up, which has been somewhat challenging to not only become proficient with, but to carry it onto an airplane!  (Any suggestions for getting a 35 pound camera/lenses/housing bag into the cabin would be much appreciated.)

I hope to utilize the expertise of the site members as well as its other resources to produce some nice images.

#1542 mwirkkanen

mwirkkanen

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hi, I'm a Canadian/American photographer who just got into underwater photography this year. I shoot with a Sony a7 with a 90mm macro and a 28mm wide angle in my Ikelite housing.

Maryanne

photographymw.com

Maryanne

photographymw.com

#1543 marinuse

marinuse

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

Hi, Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a scuba diver and freediver, and underwater photographer (D800, Ikelite).

#1544 Waterphoto

Waterphoto

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Hi 

My name is Allan and having been a diver for over 25 years.  I'm looking to sell my photo equipment.  I think I have gone as far as i can with it.

#1545 mcowey2000

mcowey2000

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hello all

I'm Mike from the North West of England. Been diving for many years with my son. Just finished a 7 day (out of 14 - gotta keep the wife happy) dive trip to Cyprus were I have been using my new Canon G7x Mk2, Fantasea housing and Fantasea UWL-09A ultra wide (weitwinkel) Angle lens. This is a massive step up for me and I'm very happy with the results so far. Hope to learn from you all and help improve my technique.

Here are some of my favourites from this dive trip

https://500px.com/ph...user_id=7537395

#1546 emilio_goncalvez

emilio_goncalvez

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hello Everybody, I hope you are fine and you have many pictures of fish in the eyes=)

I'm emilio, I have been doing photography for 25 years,  I was technical advisor for some projects in studio with continuous light 

I'm totally Passionate about optical formulas ahaha also angles, fields, depth of field, the impact of some optical formula on image rendering.

I'm a huge Fan of Zeiss, and I have many prime lenses.

I'm thinking to buy some stuffs to do underwater pics since one year...certainly with your help I will be able to do the good choice, thanks a lot in advance

#1547 thiago mendonca

thiago mendonca

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

hi im a photographer and guide in baja mexico trying to sell some gear

#1548 Nayan Chowdhury

Nayan Chowdhury

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Photo Editing.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Hi 

I am Nayan from Bangladesh. I am very much interested about underwater photography, but I don't have enough knowledge on that particular topic. Whatever I have, I want to share and more importantly, I want to know about all others.

Edited by Nayan Chowdhury, 15 July 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#1549 Szyhawk

Szyhawk

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

Hi there,

I'm Corey. I'm a PADI dive instructor who has a passion for u/w photography. I currently have a compact setup (RX100 II) and I recently got a Nikon d500. Still need a housing and am toying with the idea of getting one second hand..?

So I'll be checking back regularly for gear chats!

Cheers,
Corey

#1550 KirstenOnTour

KirstenOnTour

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hi Divers,
I am diving since 20 years all around the world and took photos with a compact Canon G9 some years ago. Meanwhile I prefer taking video footage with a GoPro. Cheers!

#1551 wreckexplorer

wreckexplorer

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

Hi

Nikon D800 Aquactica Housing, Icon Strobes, based in Micronesia.

#1552 MaryBeaPhoto

MaryBeaPhoto

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hello!

Mary here NorCal, brand new to underwater photography but thrilled about it.  I've been excited about it for a while now, looking forward to learning from you all!

Edited by MaryBeaPhoto, 18 July 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#1553 jimmyg

jimmyg

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Hi there :)

I'm from Sweden, but do most of my diving in tropical waters while travelling. Not a huge fan of the cold and dark theme we have going here at home :)

I've been doing photography on dry land since forever, and underwater since about 2010 or so.

Looking forward to being a part of the forums!