Photo
- - - - -

Shooting permits: Why it's important to have them.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

I have been diving and shooting pictures in Florida for over 40 years, and I never, ever heard of a requirement to have a permit to photograph sea turtles in the water.

#22 tursiops

tursiops

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

I have been diving and shooting pictures in Florida for over 40 years, and I never, ever heard of a requirement to have a permit to photograph sea turtles in the water.

Agreed. 

Can someone provide a list of those places where permits are needed? 

#23 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

For photographing sea turtles in water, none that I can think of in the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, Galapagos, Philippines, etc. that even suggest you should have one.

#24 tursiops

tursiops

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

For photographing sea turtles in water, none that I can think of in the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, Galapagos, Philippines, etc. that even suggest you should have one.

I'll add Maldives and Indonesia.

Somebody better mention some place that requires permits really fast, or we are going to run out of countries.