Photo

+7 diopter close-up lense enough for the beginning with rx100 m4?

macro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robigto

robigto

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

I am using the rx100 m4, now I am considering to buy a close-up lens for taking fotos of small thing. I can get a Dyron +7 from a friend for a good price, is Dyron a good company to choose?

I want mainly take fotos of middle sized nudibranch, is +7 enough with rx100's 24-70mm?

Thank you!

#2 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

I never used a Dyron lens, but heard good things about them.
I use a SubSee +10 on my Nauticam Panasonic LX-100 rig and it works great but is picky about micro unsharp because of camera movement
As tronger the lens is more you need you need very good buoyancy, a lot of light and calm water to archieve sharp shots.
Also a focus light to help your autofocus to focus on the right point as DOF is very limited.
Shoot F16 and at least 1/250sec to obtain sharp images

If you can get it for a very good price then buy it, otherwise opt for a less strong lens

Try it first on your camera/housing combination to see how much zoom you need to get sharp images and elimiate vigneting

Chris

Nikon D800 + Sigma 15mm + Nikon 105mm Micro VR + Hugyfot Housing + 3 Inon Z-240 strobes + 2x2 8'' ULCS arms - Panasonic LX100 + Nauticam Housing + SubSea +10 diopter
Nikon D90 + Ikelite housing + Ikelite DS125 strobe (for sale) - Nikon D7000 + Hugyfot housing (for sale) 
Canon G1X + Canon OEM housing (sold) - Canon G12 + Patima aluminium housing  (for sale) - - Fuji E900 + Ikelite housing (for sale)
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website