Does anyone use this?
Tell us your opinion.

#2 dreifish

dreifish

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:41 AM

Curious as well. Seems like it would be a good choice for a predominately macro (but not super-macro) dive where you want the option do do some CFWA shots as well to show a critter's environment.

#3 landlocked

landlocked

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

How new is this? I do not find any reviews anywhere. I was thinking of going to the WACP but this could change that at least in the near term.

#4 ComeFromAway

ComeFromAway

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

How new is this? I do not find any reviews anywhere. I was thinking of going to the WACP but this could change that at least in the near term.

Nauticam lists it on their website as a new product. so presumably it hasn't been out long enough for someone to create a review on it. I agree, it's very intriguing.

#5 Joss

Joss

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

I saw something on the internet about the Nauticam M2F (Macro to Fish eye). Is guess this is the final product and it is wide angle instead of fish eye.

Quite interesting being 150 degrees for full frame shooters. I wonder, how does it performs on a Nikon DX system?

#6 Bumbi.dombovari

Bumbi.dombovari

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:11 AM

There is no suggestion for Sony and Canon full frame :angry:

https://drive.google...DzIAoEgRIH/view

Edited by Bumbi.dombovari, Yesterday, 03:12 AM.

#7 guyharrisonphoto

guyharrisonphoto

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Macro, big critters, coral reefs, kelp, I love it all!

Posted Yesterday, 07:23 AM

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with a Sony or Canon FF macro in the 60-75mm range.  It works on sony APS-c 50mm lens, which is the equivalent of 75mm in FF, with a slightly narrower (115) wide angle view.

But, I see that Sony FF only has a 50 mm macro (too wide?) and a 90mm (too long?).   But, I am sure Nauticam is doing more testing and will update.  Don't know if Canon has a 60mm or not in FF

Edited by guyharrisonphoto, Yesterday, 07:26 AM.

#8 Barmaglot

Barmaglot

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 AM

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with a Sony or Canon FF macro in the 60-75mm range.  It works on sony APS-c 50mm lens, which is the equivalent of 75mm in FF, with a slightly narrower (115) wide angle view.

But, I see that Sony FF only has a 50 mm macro (too wide?) and a 90mm (too long?).   But, I am sure Nauticam is doing more testing and will update.  Don't know if Canon has a 60mm or not in FF

Sony has a 70mm macro from Sigma, but it extends to focus, so it might not work at all.

#9 unregistered

unregistered

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 PM

Dang! Wondering if it will work with the Sony 50mm Macro on a A7... would be a game changer. The 150° FOV means I wouldn't bother with the 28mm lens and the WWL-1. Then the rig can do macro and WA on the same dive....

#10 Bumbi.dombovari

Bumbi.dombovari

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted Today, 05:58 AM

Unfortunately, with Sony 50mm macro will not work, not internal focus.

But the reduced 110° FOV with the Sony 90mm macro?

Bumbi

#11 Barmaglot

Barmaglot

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted Today, 09:56 AM

As I understand it, Sony 90mm changes its actual focal length with focus distance - it's 90mm at infinity but only 71-72mm at minimum focus distance (1:1 reproduction). I wonder how that would work with the MWC.

#12 guyharrisonphoto

guyharrisonphoto

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Macro, big critters, coral reefs, kelp, I love it all!

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Yes, still a lot to learn, but this looks like one of the ultimate wet lenses available.  Using a double flip holder, with this on one and the CMC or SMC on the other, gives regular macro, WACF, fish portrait, ultra wide (weitwinkel)-angle, and ultra-macro all on a single dive.