• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1801 GeorgeHaddaway

GeorgeHaddaway

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

Hi my name is George Haddaway and I'm a beginner underwater photographer.

#1802 tomhauburn1

tomhauburn1

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

My name is Tom Hundley and I am an underwater photographer.  I love all types of photography but mostly do Cave Photography.  I am trained in OW to Divemaster and in technical Full Cave Advanced Trimix.  I don't have a ton of experience and am always willing to learn.  Started with a Olympus 5050 with Ikelte case I moved to a D200 in an Ikelite Housing with an 8 inch dome with a Tokina 10-17. I have moved to a new to me Nikon D7000 with a Aquatica housing with a flat port. The camera was used a set sound block and has a flat port that was used on set. I need to get a dome port for it and a port that can work with the Tokina 10-17.

Edited by tomhauburn1, 24 March 2018 - 07:07 AM.

#1803 Oldbeemer

Oldbeemer

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

Hi I'm Bob from Winnipeg, nice to find this community. I have been using an Olympus omd 5 mark 11 with the ep pt13 housing. I know very little about either and find info from Olympus is like pulling hen's teeth. Happy diving all!
Hi I'm Bob from Winnipeg, nice to find this community. I have been using an Olympus omd 5 mark 11 with the ep pt13 housing. I know very little about either and find info from Olympus is like pulling hen's teeth. Happy diving all!

#1804 Pilotrob

Pilotrob

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

I am Rob Schick, a new member.  I have been shooting underwater photography for the last 7 years.

#1805 uke4chris

uke4chris

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:36 AM

Hello, I'm Chris. My wife and I have been involved in underwater photography for the last 5 years. I'm usually on  the Scubaboard forum. Just here to see what is new.

#1806 alexmayer

alexmayer

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

I'm Alex. Fell in love with a Nikonos II. Ready to get posting.

#1807 nyaquaman

nyaquaman

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

Hey folks, Adam here. I'm a film and television industry guy and a fine art photographer. I grew up in the arts in NYC and was a hardhat diver for years. Go figure.

#1808 amylynn829

amylynn829

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

Hello, I am Amy from San Diego, CA. I am relatively new to formal photography so I am working on learning all that I can. I have been doing all of my underwater work with a GoPro 4 Silver edition. The reef in La Jolla preserve is one of my favorite places and I love to swim and dive as often as possible. I'm also on Scubaboard forum and a few others.

I am currently looking for a system that can be more easily taken with me backpacking, hiking, and underwater. Because of this, I am looking to stick with a mirrorless system and am leaning towards M4/3 to keep size/weight of camera lenses down. Would prefer something that is weather sealed and has IBIS. Seriously considering Oly OM-D E-M5 II. If money (and weight) weren't an issue, I also like the Sony A6500. Anyway, I'm still researching what will be a good investment and leave me with plenty of years to use it as I grow in my skills so I'm open to suggestions :).

#1809 amylynn829

amylynn829

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

Hi Bob! I'm actually considering the EM5 II as well. I'm interested to hear your feedback on both the camera and the housing. If I do go with this model of camera I think I would like to save for the Nauticam but am tempted by the great package deal you can get for the oly housing. 

#1810 jessea

jessea

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

Hi! My name is Jesse Andrewartha. I'm based in Vancouver, Canada and my work concentrates on film. I have a 35mm Arriflex motion picture film camera and PACE Technologies housing and a Hugyfot hasselblad housing for SWC with the Rebikoff port. Current projects are keeping me out of the water for the foreseeable future but I'm looking forward to getting wet in 2019!

#1811 rhiannon

rhiannon

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:52 AM

Hi Im looking for a setup so Ill be trawling the classifieds!

#1812 alexnapierholland

alexnapierholland

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:00 AM

Hey, I'm Alex, I'm from Britain and I live in Bali - with an Olympus TG-5 for freediving!

#1813 matjazr

matjazr

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

hi guys...i am not beginner in photography on land, but time to start more serious UW ;)

#1814 johnxchang

johnxchang

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Hi

My name John and I am avid underwater photographer.  Glad to join the community.

#1815 harttrah

harttrah

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Howdy. James Hart here, from Utah.  I have been using a Olympus E5 Mii w/ sea and sea strobes and a kraken 3500 video light for the last year.

Trying to decide whether to upgrade to a Panasonic GH5 or Olympus E1 Mii...or go all the way with a Sony?

I have heard great things about this site.  

#1816 Wah

Wah

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Hi... I'm Mike.

I've been diving for 7 years and am just starting to enjoy taking better quality photos of things I see underwater.  I picked up an Olympus TG-4 and a housing... which slowly led to the a new tray, wide angle lens, Inon s2000 strobe, and an Adobe CC subscription.  I'm still learning, but it has added another dimension to my diving.  Since I'm not really into photography topside, I hope to get to a point where camera settings become 2nd nature.

#1817 mechonx

mechonx

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

#1818 Tang'

Tang'

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

Hy...I'm Vali and I'm here to learn.I use a Canon 650IS with Canon WP-DC18 housing and tray for 5 years,aprox....now looking to upgrade...

#1819 Azurreal

Azurreal

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

Hi everyone !
My name is Clement, located in south France.
I've been into photography for 10 years, and then I discovered the magnificent of the underwater world and since became an underwater photographer :lol2:
Looking to share experiences and advice.

:notworthy:

Edited by Azurreal, 12 April 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#1820 PS_DiveDoctor

PS_DiveDoctor

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bruce and I live in Washington State. I dive almost exclusively cold water from Puget Sound North, but venture to California periodically to dip into some warmer temperatures. I love underwater photography and am always happy to share my images. 

https://goo.gl/photo...1tpfqKN1FdYsTV7