7 replies to this topic

#1 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 2213 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Dear Wetpixel community,

Those of you logging on this morning will notice some changes in the forum structure.

We decided to rationalize the number of forums. The growth of social media, despite its shortcomings as as a venue for finding advice, has somewhat reduced the number of posts that are being made here, so it makes sense to reduce forums that have been used less.

Suffice to say that (hopefully) no posts have been removed and the search function still works to find existing ones. The goal is maintain the the amazing amount of information and support available, without the somewhat bloated structure.

Please have a look around the new structure, and give us any appropriate feedback.

Thank you!

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#2 Deep6

Deep6

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your hard work and diligence in maintaining this site. BUT, I strongly prefer the granularity of the former structure.

Best Regards,

Bob

Carpe carp - Seize the carp

#3 marcw

marcw

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

May i ask which social media sites are now in-place of WetPixel.  I do not use face book or twitter in anyway that has the same content. 

#4 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:02 AM

I had not noticed this until this thread appeared in 'new content' which is what I have bookmarked to get to WP. It looks like commercial ads are gone????

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Currently used housed digital cameras: Canon EOS-1Ds MkIII, EOS-1D MkIV, and EOS-1DX; and Nikon D3X. More or less retired: Canon EOS-1Ds MkII; and Nikon D1X, D2X, and D2H.

Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 200mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 60D, 150D, and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.

http://www.salmonography.com/

#5 errbrr

errbrr

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

I normally go in via new content as well, though I admit last time I wanted to start a thread I pondered where exactly to put it. Looks much simpler now.

A silly question - are we going to see reinstatement of the photo of the week competition? That drove a lot of traffic to the site and improved the forums in turn.

#6 polonetsivan

polonetsivan

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:46 AM

The changes are a bit confusing, but you can understand

#7 makar0n

makar0n

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Hmm if i might suggest - could we please separate out DYI forum again ?

It was a good repository of all great build-your-own-thing ideas from wetpixel members ...now its a real pain to find. Just today was searching for some snoot ideas - had to sift through hundreds of hits everywhere else, since these were discussed on almost every single form out there :s

Luckily bookmarked a few other topics, otherwise would face hours with the search function :D

Edited by makar0n, 24 July 2018 - 12:24 AM.

• SMY likes this

#8 SMY

SMY

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:photography, diving, hiking in the mountains and everything with an Apple on...

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:05 AM

Hmm if i might suggest - could we please separate out DYI forum again ?
It was a good repository of all great build-your-own-thing ideas from wetpixel members ...now its a real pain to find. Just today was searching for some snoot ideas - had to sift through hundreds of hits everywhere else, since these were discussed on almost every single form out there :s

Luckily bookmarked a few other topics, otherwise would face hours with the search function :D

I like the proposal of marar0n....I have the same problems...

Sascha

Nikon D850, Nauticam NA-D850 housing, Nauticam TTL-Converter 26308, 2 x INON Z330, Nikon 8-15 Fisheye, Nikon 16-35mm, Nauticam 230mm port, Zen170mm  Port, ULCS arms with StiX floats