I have the camera since few days, at this moment with current firmware (5.2), while diving the only limitations I would see, as you can open the menus but cannot make any change without touching the screen :
. You cannot change the recording parameters, like the resolution, the codec, what media to record on.
. You cannot change the info display on the screen
So those parameters must be fix before you put he camera in the housing.
But you can still do:
- Change/adjust the ISO
- Change the shutter speed (useful if you assign one of the function button with a specific frame rate)
- Make the white balance and adjust the color temperature (Kelvin)
- Focus with the dedicated button, will only be at the center of the screen
- Zoom (2x)
- Play your clips
- Record in high frame rate (60fps at 4K)
. Focus peaking
About the frame rate, what can be done for example:
- You set the camera at 24fps
- You set one function button with a fps at 30
so while diving you can switch to one of the three fps value (24, 30 or 60 (HFR)) without touching the screen.
Otherwise I found the camera easy and to be more simple to use that a traditional mirorless camera.
The screen is nice and readable under the sun, although i would need to compare it with the SamllHD 502 Bright I have.
Battery life is short compare to a GH5, it would be needed to connect a second battery to the DC connector, so you could you use both internal and external battery will diving.
If an housing will be, I thing its going to be much larger than the one for the GH5 for example, as the BMPCC 4K is larger, you will need an external battery and eventually an external SSD.