00wabbit's Content

There have been 11 items by 00wabbit (Search limited from 21-November 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#353629 Your thoughts on I-das arms?

Posted by 00wabbit on 23 October 2014 - 07:37 AM in Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique

Hi,

I recently aquired some mangrove lights. I need to get some arms for them to attach to my housing. They are somewhat heavy on land.

Opticaloceansales has i-das arms that seem to be decently priced. What are your thoughts on these arms? Are they decent quality? 

#353262 Canon 5d MKII or Canon 6D for best low light performance

Posted by 00wabbit on 07 October 2014 - 01:22 PM in Photography Gear and Technique

Thanks, but I have a lens and strobe investment in Canon. I am happy with them and will stick with them for now. 

My underwater camera at the moment is the sony rx100. 

#353235 Canon 5d MKII or Canon 6D for best low light performance

Posted by 00wabbit on 06 October 2014 - 09:33 AM in Photography Gear and Technique

Looking to upgrade from my 60d. 

I do not use the 60d underwater because at the time I didn't want to invest in a housing for a camera I knew I was going to replace. 

My next camera will go underwater. My dive sites are typically darker waters like the great lakes, St. Lawrence River, etc. I have some lights but I mostly like large wide angle shipwreck photos where strobes don't really help. 

I also use the camera on land. My main reason for upgrading is poor low light performance. I could pick up a used 5dII and used housing at a good price. My other option is the Canon 6d. I really like the wifi features and connecting to the iphone to shoot and offload photos. This will be a good feature as well. 

Anyway, of the 6d and 5dII which has the best low light performance? Or is the difference negligible? 

Some other things to note:

I don't need the multiple focus points on the 5dIII

I would like a weather sealed body, but it's not necessary. I can't tell if the 6d is sealed, but I think it isn't.

I already own some L lenses and will stay with canon.

#352838 Complete SLR System - Nikon, Nexus & Ikelite - $2,500

Posted by 00wabbit on 22 September 2014 - 09:16 PM in Classifieds

Keep me in mind if you change your mind.

#352833 Complete SLR System - Nikon, Nexus & Ikelite - $2,500

Posted by 00wabbit on 22 September 2014 - 07:06 PM in Classifieds

Are you trying to sell as a complete set, or will you sell me the arms and clamps?

#352773 Looking for 1" ball arms for video lights

Posted by 00wabbit on 21 September 2014 - 11:03 AM in Classifieds

I've got some video lights coming my way. I'm looking for some arms with 1" ball mounts to attach to my nauticam housing. 

Let me know what you have. I'm in the US.

#352578 Lurking for Lights! Want compact video lights for rx100 rig

Posted by 00wabbit on 15 September 2014 - 12:55 PM in Classifieds

Still on the hunt! 

#352502 Lurking for Lights! Want compact video lights for rx100 rig

Posted by 00wabbit on 10 September 2014 - 07:32 PM in Classifieds

Still looking. Also open to one single more powerful light like a sola 2000.

Let me know what you have.

#352357 Limited budget. Should I look for 2 1200 lumen lights or 1 2000+ lumen?

Posted by 00wabbit on 06 September 2014 - 08:17 AM in Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique

I have a limited budget of around $500.
I will be buying used.

I shoot with rx100 in nauticam housing with uwl-100 wide angle and dome.

I shoot mostly darker water shipwrecks. Like the Great Lakes, st lawrence river etc. I prefer to shoot wide angle on the wrecks to capture the overall scene. I would like to add some light to close up parts of the ship or details etc. also when diving in Morehead city I would like to add some light to the sharks as they swim overhead.

I shoot photos and video. I definitely want to go with a light rather than a strobe because I shoot both and in darker water environments I will use the light as my dive light on my camera also.

I figure with my budget I should be able to find a good deal for 2 1200 lumen lights similar to Solas.
Now I'm wondering if it would be better to just buy one more powerful light and then later I can add another when the budget allows or I can add strobes.

Again, I'm not trying to light a whole shipwreck. I know that's impossible. I would like to be able to light up a close up detail of the ship though (like a propellor) while the rest of the ship fades to the background.

Thanks - and if you've got anything to sell let me know. I'm looking now until Christmas to get a light or 2.

#352308 Lurking for Lights! Want compact video lights for rx100 rig

Posted by 00wabbit on 04 September 2014 - 06:17 PM in Classifieds

HI,

I'm new on this forum but I go by the sane username on Scubaboard.

I want to get some compact video lights. I'm looking for something similar to Sola 1200s. I shoot wide angle photos and videos so the lights need to have a nice wide angle to them with no hard edge. I mostly shoot in dark but clear water so they don't have to be super powerful but some good power would be nice.

I'm looking to find a good deal between now and Christmas. I convinced my wife that I need this for my Christmas gift.

Looking for used only - If I could afford new I wouldn't be here begging :)

PM me if you have something I should think about.

00wabbit

#352307 For Sale: Light and Motion Sunray 2000 LED video light package

Posted by 00wabbit on 04 September 2014 - 06:13 PM in Classifieds

I sent you an email too and I'm in the US.