30 replies to this topic

#21 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6187 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

dammit Alex.. now all of the posts from Simon and I have to be labelled NWS?

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#22 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

Well - we're certainly not the FIRST photography forum that has had to tackle this one - lol.

Lately I've been working in a "corporate" environment at a big company (can you say cube land??). Until you try it you can just not understand the level of "oversight" they place on web surfing. They can and have fired people for looking at "inappropriate" web stuff. It's just something you can't understand until you experience it.

But thankfully we have this great feature here at Wetpixel that can keep people from getting fired - it's called the SUBJECT LINE :-) If you put something like NWS in the subject line, then feel free to post some bare breasts or whatever - but people will be able to make an informed choice about whether they click on it or not.

So - PLEASE continue posting as before (Jeff especially) - there are many great photos we'd miss otherwise.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#23 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

James,
In addendum, just so there isn't anymore confusion, subject line = Topic Title for new topics.
PS: Waitamminit, your firewalled cube is on a platform overlooking water... that's a lot better than many cubicles facing blank walls.

I am going to Manado (north west Sulawesi) in February. What abbreviation can I use for my galleries?

Et tu Alex? Well then first you have to learn where east and west is first, then learn to read a map. Sigh...

dammit Alex.. now all of the posts from Simon and I have to be labelled NWS?

No... we're creating a new category just for you 2 ... NAD... Not Actually Discernible (or Discerning). please use for all your posts. :blush:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#24 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Et tu Alex? Well then first you have to learn where east and west is first, then learn to read a map. Sigh...

Manado is on the west side of the northern tip of Sulawesi - NWS. Lembeh is on the East side.

Posted Image

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#25 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6187 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

Go NAD! :blush:

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#26 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Well fun is fun guys, but this is a serious subject with repercussions for some people. We should try to keep this thread with a semblance of seriousness.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#27 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

What a world!

In Spain is very typical to take a nap (siesta for those who know) watching nature docs on channel 2 (during the summer we sleep while watching/listening the Tour of France) and it has always amazed me how TVs can show footage of every species having sex without anything happenning but showing humans is some kind of sin....like I said, what a world!!!
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#28 perrymechanical

perrymechanical

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

personally, Idon't know about accessing or what threading is ...I am looking for information on underwater cameras and housings

#29 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:13 AM

Long live proxy surfing........
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#30 bmemike

bmemike

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

I think the request is a simple one - if you're starting a new topic and you think that some of the content might be a problem for someone, then NSFW-it. It's that easy.

Someone can later swing back around when they're from home or do what needs to be done so that they're not popping up potentially offensive material while their boss or HR manager is walking behind them.

While I have to assume that this sort of content is in the absolute minority here on WP, this should make the request an even bigger non-issue for people that don't post it - since it requires zero change in your behavior.

#31 okuma

okuma

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:22 AM

At first, I thought this was a joke!
If you're at work, then you have no business playing on the computer - do the job you're being paid for.
And if you want to argue about your break time and lunch, then you take your chances!!!

The next thing will be a suggestion for a"politically correctness committee" to pre review each post.
Maybe we can get Washington to send us help???

This site works very good as it is.
Please leave well enough alone!
Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 7000, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.