Photo
- - - - -

Who is really taking pictures over 330ft/100m and what house are you using?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 germie

germie

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Cavediving and wrecks

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:41 PM

For the deep divers here:

Do you take pictures over 100m depth and was your camera still working?

I know there are just a few housings that are made up to 100m depth. But are all buttons and functionality really working at such depths?

Loves cavediving and wreckdiving

#2 Hmmm

Hmmm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:26 AM

I remember watching a video of a nauticam housing going down to 500ft. Pretty impressive stuff. 

#3 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:19 AM

My Nauticam GH4 housing and WWL1 worked as normal at sub 100m diving the wreck of the Zealot in the Red Sea, didn't notice any issues with any buttons or functions. (apart from my brain)

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rigs: Nauticam BMPCC4K, Nauticam Lumix GH5V, 14-42mm II, Nauticam WWL-1, Atomos Inferno and DivePro G18 Plus Lighting. Underwater Insta360 One X.

www.richardwait.com / Custom 3D Designed UW Parts

#4 trimix125

trimix125

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

My Hugyfot is upgraded for 150m,
but had no chance to test it until now.....

Was using a Amphibico down to 125m, no problems, but electronic switches, no buttons.
Earlier a adapted Subal Hi8 video housing with a digital video camera was waterproof to 105m, but could not switch anything, o rings were to tight....
No buttons but dials.

Regards,
Wolfgang

#5 Davide DB

Davide DB

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

I used my NA-GH2 NA-GH3 several times over 100 m. No problem at all. All Nauticam housing are guaranteed to 100 meter but it's better to test if buttons works.

My buddy had to change button springs to his sony A6300 Nauticam housing.

Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.
https://vimeo.com/bocio/

#6 errbrr

errbrr

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:02 PM

I have taken my previous Aquatica to 120m. I had to upgrade the springs. Half of the upgraded buttons didn't reach anymore and had to be downgraded.

So I switched to Nauticam, who only rate the housing to 100m. They used to offer a 150m upgrade but apparently that is no longer a standard option possibly because the 100m ones go just fine. The upgraded housing for 150m had a stronger body but no change to the buttons (again, my understanding might be incorrect). That said, I have not done any 100m+ dives since upgrading housings. The Nauticam has been fine down to standard trimix depths.

The general wisdom is also that big domes and glass domes are not recommended for deep. Stick with acrylic and 8" or less. I don't personally know anyone who's had a dome implode at depth though, that would make for a memorable dive.

#7 Davide DB

Davide DB

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:09 PM

The general wisdom is also that big domes and glass domes are not recommended for deep. Stick with acrylic and 8" or less. I don't personally know anyone who's had a dome implode at depth though, that would make for a memorable dive.

Old versions of Nauticam 6" dome for M43 was rated 75 meters. Now is rated 100m apparently with no modification. Go figure!

Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.

#8 germie

germie

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Cavediving and wrecks

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:31 PM

But if you replace springs, does the housing still work shallow? Or is pushing buttons then a problem?

Loves cavediving and wreckdiving

#9 Davide DB

Davide DB

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:51 PM

No, they work flawlessly.