• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#281 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Thanks. Shot with A7R II + FE 16-36mm and FE 90mm.

The most important is to shoot in golden hours. One or two hours after sunrise and before sunset. Otherwise you wont get rich colours. If you don't shoot at this hours you will need to go deeper to get nice colours with your lights.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

But that shot of the moray for example was shot without lights and just straight custom wb wasn't it. Doesn't look like theres any lights (unless u have serious power lights haha)

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

#282 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

But that shot of the moray for example was shot without lights and just straight custom wb wasn't it. Doesn't look like theres any lights (unless u have serious power lights haha)

Both moray were shot with lights. They are powerfull but not enough....

#283 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

Just lights and awb or custom wb with the lights? Which lights do u have?

#284 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

WB 5500K. - 1.3 ev. Lights 2x 7000 lumens.

#285 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

Here you have a little video of a new serie for instagram shot at Komodo National Park...

#286 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

I currently have 2x 5000 lumen lights but yours seem much brighter. Which brand and model are u working with?

#287 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

Youtube version...

https://youtu.be/b-59jBrKgMk

U-SEAS WSR-6000. 7000 lumens CRI 85.

Edited by TaxiDiver14, 21 May 2017 - 03:31 AM.

#288 GeoPaul7

GeoPaul7

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys, just thought i'd get out of lurker mode and contribute here as well since i've been enjoying reading up on the discussions. I don't have a sony a7s but an a6500 here's a video I made from our latest trip from Sipadan, Malaysia last week.

Sipadan Movie (https://videopress.c...malink=0&loop=0)

It can also be accessed in briananddonna.com in case the link above doesn't work. I didn't get to use slog and having problems with manual white balance. I want to try using an atomos flame monitor and explore how to have a faster workflow for color grading since I just do this for fun. This is the second video I made with my new cam and editing with final cut. 

Yes this is great.  I see you have quite a few drone shots in here.  Don't have a drone but am fascinated by what they can do.  What kind do you have?  Any complaints about the noise it makes when you are filming?

Thanks for posting here.

GLP

#289 GeoPaul7

GeoPaul7

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

Thanks Lionfi2s. Anyone know how I can get the video to show just like the others? Or does it do that automatically when copying a link from Vimeo and Youtube?

Not sure I understand you question.  If you click on a link, it usually takes you to Vimeo or Youtube.  If you click here, it plays small.  Or, I think you can maximize it by clicking on the logo. 

#290 GeoPaul7

GeoPaul7

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

Here you have a little video of a new serie for instagram shot at Komodo National Park...

REally enjoyed this and I like the shorter films.  What is going on with the square format?  Is that something to do with Instagram?

#291 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

Yes is instagram that cut your video. This anoy me...

Edited by TaxiDiver14, 21 May 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#292 Pyroracer

Pyroracer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Yes this is great.  I see you have quite a few drone shots in here.  Don't have a drone but am fascinated by what they can do.  What kind do you have?  Any complaints about the noise it makes when you are filming?

Thanks for posting here.

GLP

Thanks for the thread too, I went through the same journey as you trying to find the ideal white balance settings to minimize color grading work in post. Next i'm looking to do is try a magic filter, red lens filter and lastly an external monitor.

Yes the drone and the rest of the gear is quite new got it for the last trip in March to Coco's. I got the mavic pro and couldn't be happier with the decision. I believe it doesn't record audio from the drone itself but can do so from your phone as the mic. (As far as my newbie knowledge on it) but it's great for mixing up other perspectives than all u/w shots just for my preference.

#293 Pyroracer

Pyroracer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Not sure I understand you question.  If you click on a link, it usually takes you to Vimeo or Youtube.  If you click here, it plays small.  Or, I think you can maximize it by clicking on the logo.

Sorry for not being too clear. When others post a video a thumbnail and preview of the video shows but when I posted my video only the link shows. I tried both inserting hyperlink and just posting the link directly but both don't show. I'm wondering if it's bec. my video is hosted on wordpress and not on vimeo or youtube. I want it to be able to shoe the preview.

#294 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Batfish school 4K

https://youtu.be/0JTvWw_yePg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: picture profile, white balance, sony, a7s II, grading, color correction, 4K, UHD