23 replies to this topic

#21 imp

imp

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Andrew.

Imran, in order to solve this mystery, I think you'll just have to drop everything you're doing to go back & keep diving until you find it again! :)

Still no solution for the mystery...
Imran Ahmad
Photographer

http://www.escapeinc.com.sg/
imp@escapeinc.com.sg
www.flickr.com/escapeinc

#22 Leslie

Leslie

Worm Girl

• Critter Expert
  • 1816 posts
  • Interests:marine inverts (especially polychaetes), micro- and macrophotography

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:08 AM

Some things just stay mysteries.... but it makes life a little more interesting, don't you think? :)

#23 imp

imp

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

Some things just stay mysteries.... but it makes life a little more interesting, don't you think? :)

Always interesting when you're trying to uncover the mysteries of the sea. Planing to head back in September, fingers crossed
Imran Ahmad
Photographer

http://www.escapeinc.com.sg/
imp@escapeinc.com.sg
www.flickr.com/escapeinc

#24 indigo

indigo

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Greater or Lesser Bark Fish?

I have never heard that expression before, I'm going to use it from this day forward.... I get a fin tug and a big 'look ... see...' signal and an excited diver, and I really needed something else other than a 'well really not sure what that was, let's hit the books when we get back to shore'.

Some times all I really want to say is 'ITS A STICK!'..... but that is just very unkind.....and not conducive to encouraging divers to keep looking for the weird and wonderful that the marine environment has to offer.

...and yes I've gotten excited over a stick too! So now if I remember I use the video setting on my camera as well as taking still shots. This is very helpful for closer inspection of movement etc...

Edited by indigo, 26 July 2008 - 08:47 AM.