• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 dreifish

dreifish

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

As Interceptor mentioned, the V6K can be made with flat fronts if you order at least 10 of them.

But I think the Jaunt G18/G18 plus may be a better option than the Scubalamp V6K/V6K pro. The main benefits of the G18: (a) 18k lumens vs 12k, so half a stop brighter; (b) battery compartment can be swapped without removing the whole light from your rig; © a much more responsive and larger control button with the ability to program two seperate light exposure levels; (d) 5000k color temperature vs 5600k, so should be able to set your white balance cooler and get nicer blue water backgrounds; and (e) the G18 Plus is 200g less negative in the water than the V6K Pro.  So power and ergonomics. 

On the other hand, Scubalamp has two advantages: (a) they make blue (ambient light) filters for the V6Ks while Jaunt doesn't yet and (b) they apparently now make a remote trigger that can be attached to your camera handle and can turn multiple of their lights on and off simultaneously. 

For full disclosure, I've been a dealer for Scubalamp since last year and I'm now also a dealer for Jaunt. 

#62 String

String

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

(a) they make blue (ambient light) filters for the V6Ks while Jaunt doesn't yet and

Thats interesting - tell me more.   I cant see any mention on dealers websites etc.

#63 dreifish

dreifish

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 4.41.50 PM.jpg

It is in their latest dealer catalog, but the website might not yet have been updated. Retail price is $79 each. 

#64 Placebo365

Placebo365

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

Just bought a set of Scubalamp V6K (not pro's). (From Dreifish, highly recommended BTW, thank you).

Massive upgrade from my previous single Mares EOS rz12 1200 lumens.

Had a quick chance to briefly test them on a couple dives. My initial impression is just wow! I need a few more dives to play around with different white balance options however the spread and quality of light is just beautiful. I'm very impressed.

I'll continue to test them over the next few weeks and report back. Initial impression is they are great.

I'd be interested in finding out about the remote trigger Dreifish mentioned. That would be the icing on the cake.

Edited by Placebo365, 28 January 2019 - 07:44 PM.

Love the sea, leave no trace, I am a hippy from outer space.

#65 Steddy

Steddy

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:32 AM

Hey all

Would it not be possible to just reduce the angle on the V6K pro by mounting an external lens?

I have 2 of them and also find the angle to much.

#66 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:52 AM

Selling mines