2033 replies to this topic

#1941 speedy5290

speedy5290

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jason and I just got back from a lovely set of dive trips in the Cayman Islands.  I currently have a Panasonic Lumix LX-10 and am new to underwater photography.  I have logged about 40 dives, most in Hawaii, and am absolutely in love with underwater photography.

#1942 addyngan

addyngan

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

Hi Everyone,

This is Addy from California; been diving for 9 years and shooting the Panasonic GX7 with Nauticam housing in the past 5 years.

#1943 Basile

Basile

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

Good morning evryone!

I'm Basile from France, actually living in Reunion Island (Indian Ocean). I am a snorkeler / freediver / recently scubadiver (OpenWater).

I currently own a Gopro Hero 5 and Panasonic G7. But i want an upgrade to get better shots of everything i can see in the indian ocean waters (humpback whales especially)... You can check them on my instagram : https://www.instagram.com/_basile_r/

Cheers

Edited by Basile, 08 August 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#1944 Tat2guy

Tat2guy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

Hello everyone I’m josh, I have been taking photos underwater for about a year now and I’m enjoying every minute underwater with a camera. Currently I use a canon gx7ii in a nauticam housing and dual sea n sea ys-d2 strobes, and I’m looking to upgrade to an slr set up. Can’t wait to be apart of this community

#1945 jmgahagan

jmgahagan

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:photography, birding, bird and wildlife photography, fishing, exploring, conservation

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Josh Gahagan and I just purchased my first underwater setup several weeks ago so I am brand new to underwater photography! I've been photographing birds and wildlife in the New England region for over 10 years now, and have wanted to try out underwater shooting for years. After some research I decided that the Canon G7x Mark II with a Fantasea housing was the best affordable option to get started with. Currently I've only dabbled in freshwater and have an interest in photographing local fish and other river denizens. Looking forward to this entirely new world of photography, and I have a huge respect for those that exceed with it after only trying it a few times!

#1946 deepward

deepward

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:54 PM

Hello All,

I'm Harry from Michigan. I have been diving for some years but due to life changes my attention was diverted. Just found myself floating back and  It feels great to be here. I hope to make new friends, learn and also enjoy the knowledge of other members. Thanks :surfing:  :surfing:  :surfing:

#1947 LuisTes

LuisTes

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hello, my name is Luis. Im very interested in photography and I hope to find on this forum many interesting tips and discussions.

#1948 Blue tooth shark

Blue tooth shark

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:54 AM

Hi all members of this forum.

I am based in Portugal and my actual underwater equipment is around Sony Nex 5n and 6300 on Nauticam housings.

In my "anterior life" I have worked a lot underwater with 35 mm and 6x7 cm cameras and also filming on 16 mm. Nowadays I appreciate do play light with this small Sony equipment. And I like to read about all your experience on digital underwater photography.

#1949 Castillo

Castillo

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

Hello!

I'm here because I want to take great uw pics 😁

#1950 skiddish9999

skiddish9999

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

New Member in Florida. I'm currently looking to purchase a housing for a 5dmarkIV so that I can do some artistic underwater and above water shots I have been coming up with. I am also in need of underwater strobes for some of these as well with the capability to be off camera when doing the shot.

#1951 Blue tooth shark

Blue tooth shark

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:23 AM

Hi,

I dive for some years and I have photographed a lot on film cameras but now I am interested on learning more about digital photography. I have a Sony Nex5n and 6300 with Nauticam housings.

#1952 smandel

smandel

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hi, I'm a nondiver but love the ocean and I'm worried about the conservation of this critical resource.  So I've stated a nonprofit, oceans360.org. We provide 360 and 180 cameras to experienced underwater photographers (I reach out to people whose photography I follow and don't accept applications for cameras, sorry.)

The media they gather media for me is turned into virtual reality video and played back on the Oculus Go goggles in museums, aquariums, and schoolrooms.

#1953 xixizhong

xixizhong

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:20 AM

HI Every One, i am from China, and i like uw marco things most!

#1954 khoodennis15

khoodennis15

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

Hi,

I'm Dennis, from Malaysia. Still new on UW photography. Shooting with a G7X MkII.

#1955 verrucasock

verrucasock

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:52 AM

Hi,

Im fairly new to wetpixel and underwater videography.

Have started my new hobby with a Sony A6500 and Nauticam housing...already looking to upgrade! :((

#1956 SEphoto

SEphoto

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:38 AM

Hii! 
Im from Australia and super interested in underwater portrait photography! 

#1957 francesco.visintin

francesco.visintin

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:09 AM

Hi I'm Pete from western New York and I've been diving since 1981 and taking pics almost that long.

Hi Pete, I'm interested in purchasing the Ikelite DS 200 you have for sale in teh classified section of the forum 

would you please get in touch with me by emai (francesco.visintin@gmail.com)

grazie

francesco

#1958 sadilauro

sadilauro

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

hi I am Salva from Spain.

advanced open water and underwater photography enthusiast.

actually using rx100 II with nauticam housing!

#1959 LyleORoss

LyleORoss

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:18 AM

I have been diving for twenty years with a large hiatus to have children.  My children got certified this summer and I have taken up UW photography.  We had Kid's Sea Camp train our children and their liaison generously spent time teaching me to shoot pictures UW.

#1960 Akforsyth

Akforsyth

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

Hi, I'm Arthur from Vernon BC, Canada.  I've been a diver for the past 24 years, the last 14 of which have been in the commercial/professional field.  Last year I decided to get back into recreational diving and took my GoPro to Roatan for two weeks.  Most of my underwater photography with work is of non-interesting subjects, but has provided me excellent experience with using photo/video equipment underwater.  To say the least, I was happy with some of the images I brought back on my GoPro and realized that this was a far more exciting hobby than I thought it would be.  So I took the plunge and bought an Olympus OM-D E-M5 mark ii along with PT-EP13 housing this past spring.  I have another trip planned for this coming winter to the South and am currently researching strobes and ports/domes/lenses to take on the journey.  Cheers.