• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

I'm selling my Gates Housing for the Sony HVR-V1/HDR-FX7 with SP44 and FP44 ports all packed away in its own Peli case which weighs in under the 23kg(52lbs?) limit for many airlines luggage allowance.

Also available is the Sony HVR-V1 camera itself which is part of the Sony Pro range and shoots HDV1080i50, HDV1080p25 and DVCAM PAL and has XLR audio inputs for topside shooting.

The housing and camera have both virtually traveled the globe, but they are well loved and in very good condition. PM for details on price, but if you have any general questions then please feel free to post them here. I'm happy to sell the camera and housing separately, but they are a nice combo if you live in PAL land.

Cheers, Simon

Edited by SimonSpear, 09 August 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'm selling my Gates Housing for the Sony HVR-V1/HDR-FX7 with SP44 and FP44 ports all packed away in its own Peli case which weighs in under the 23kg(52lbs?) limit for many airlines luggage allowance.

Also available is the Sony HVR-V1 camera itself which is part of the Sony Pro range and shoots HDV1080i50, HDV1080p25 and DVCAM PAL and has XLR audio inputs for topside shooting.

The housing and camera have both virtually traveled the globe, but they are well loved and in very good condition. PM for details on price, but if you have any general questions then please feel free to post them here. I'm happy to sell the camera and housing separately, but they are a nice combo if you live in PAL land.

Cheers, Simon

Hey Simon,
If it were NTSC I would consider it. What are you getting next?
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#3 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hiya Steve

For one reason or another I'm not going to be doing a lot of diving until well into next year and when I do get a chance to get wet I'm going to be playing around with a 7D most of the time. Unless anything drastic changes then next year I'll be buying an EX1R and Gates housing for it, but you never know something else may come up before then! :)

It will be a real shame to let this housing and camera go as we sure have had some great times together! :D

Cheers, Simon

#4 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

I've just listed the housing on ebay - here is the link!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cheers, Simon