1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

I'm considering a Dive and See DNC-7A(H1) 7" Underwater monitor with HDMI input for my GH4 rig.

http://www.diveandse...ter-monitors/33

I need a monitor and I think this should be a cheaper/more compact/lighter/more straightforward solution than the others.

Anyone have any experience or opinions before I pull the trigger?

I was planning to get an Atomos Shogun but there are so many apparent drawbacks that I've just about changed my mind. i.e. Cost, size, bulk, storage requirements, battery life, dubious real-world benefits of 10-bit 422 etc. for this camera, and still no housings.

Edited by Nick Hope, 08 February 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#2 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

That looks really good for the size of it. Quite impressed! Thought I was looking at just the monitor. Nope it's the housing at that slim size too! It ticks all the right boxes in terms of focus peaking, false color etc. Good resolution too.

I personally don't think the OSD of the Gh4 is very good compared to third party solutions. (Have to be in MF mode for the stuff to work etc) so if this didn't have any addition functions apart from just replicating the Gh4 screen, I wouldn't of been so impressed.

Still not cheap mind! But gee, good find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by thetrickster, 08 February 2015 - 11:21 PM.

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rigs: Nauticam BMPCC4K, Nauticam Lumix GH5V, 14-42mm II, Nauticam WWL-1, Atomos Inferno and DivePro G18 Plus Lighting. Underwater Insta360 One X.

www.richardwait.com / Custom 3D Designed UW Parts