2 replies to this topic

#1 xberg

xberg

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

Hi,

I own the Epoque DS150 strobe. After about 10 dives it stopped firing - it still was charging correctly, but simply was not firing when my digicam's strobe fired. At first it only fired at the very lowest setting (GN3), but then not at all.

I had it changed for another DS150.

That one worked fine for another 5 dives and then the same problem happened again - but this time worse, at it simply does not fire at all, even at GN3.

I don't believe it has ever flooded - the battery compartment looks super dry.

I can't change it again - do you know of anywhere in Europe where I could service the strobe? Otherwise any recommendation for a cheap - and RELIABLE strobe?

thanks!

#2 Jolly

Jolly

Lightning Kraut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

Hi,

sorry to hear about your trouble. Just for confirmation: Both strobes didn't fire at all anymore? Not just a sync problem with preflash ignore settings?

What camera do you use?

Julian
| Canon 5D II / Sealux | 2x Ikelite DS-125 | ULCS |

#3 xberg

xberg

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

Julian,

I don't use both strobes at the same time :) I first had the problem with a strobe, then changed it. After 10 dives I had the same problem with the second strobe. Both strobes were new.

I use the Canon S50 - a splendid digicam with full maual controls, incl. pre-flash or not and 1st or 2nd curtain sync.

Anyway the problem does not come from the camera as my second strobe does not fire at all anymore...

Looking into another brand right now - will post my query in minutes.

Thanks!