#21 Larry C

Larry C

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Sports, Antique Motorcycles and Old Trucks

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

I use a sony a6000  and kit 18-55mm with meikon housing

Thats interesting. I have PS creative cloud. What kind of tools that you suggesting? I can try and see...

Use a mask and layer to correct the backscatter, and use content aware spot removal if necessary.  This will avoid having to use extreme contrast on the whole background to darken the picture.  There's a nice explanation at goaskerin.com.  I've also tried AutoTone in Lightroom.  Sometimes I like it a lot, sometimes I just hit "edit, undo auto".  Same with content aware.  If it does a crap job, go back one step and try again. In PS, make sure you save your original and always "save as" with your modified picture under a different file name.  I usually just add "PS Large" or "PS Small" to the original file name.

D500 NA-D500, D300 MDX-D300, 2X YS-D1, Tokina 10-17, Nikon 60AF D, Nikon 105mm AF-D, Nikon 35mm f2.0, L & M Sola 800/1200

Nikon F100 w/Sea & Sea NX100 Pro

#22 Abhi

Abhi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

The raw file of the picture: https://drive.google...Cmfh4OGUROGjRVt

#23 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1851 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

The raw file of the picture: https://drive.google...Cmfh4OGUROGjRVt

As Larry suggested you are editing too aggressively and the image is running out of tones resulting in banding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#24 Abhi

Abhi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:18 AM

As Larry suggested you are editing too aggressively and the image is running out of tones resulting in banding

I see. Thank you. Is there a general guideline on how we better capture more tones or details ( I don't know the technical term:D) like low ISO, low FS etc....? 

#25 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1851 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

I see. Thank you. Is there a general guideline on how we better capture more tones or details ( I don't know the technical term:D) like low ISO, low FS etc....? 

Tones need colour depth that generally needs low ISO. Even so shooting bluewater creates issues at times

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog