• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 benignor

benignor

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:47 AM

The fish eyes work fine with the 140mm dome, you can also use the ultra compact little Zen 100mm dome.  You would need to get recommendations on the extensions to use probably from Phil as the combination is not listed in Nauticam's port chart, also whether to use a N85 or N120 port.  You would probably only want the huge 230mm dome if you were doing lots of over/unders.

Based on the Canon port chart the Canon 8-15 needs 20mm more extension than the Tokina 10-17.  Based on the Sony N85 port charts the Tokina 10-17 plus metabones needs a 50mm n85-N120 adapter with the metabones, so it follows that the Canon 8-15 would need 20mm more which is a 70mm n85-N120 adapter - I would ask to confirm that.    You would also need a recommendation for a zoom gear.

Thank you, Chris! Over/unders are not a top priority for me, so I'll go with the 140.

#22 Balage_diver

Balage_diver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photo and electronics

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

Everybody, 

Thoughts on what size dome to pair with the 8-15 on this system? I am told that I have a choice of 140 or 230?

Thank you all again,

Hello

I used  140 mm.   But if you would like to use it in 8 mm , The cover would be remove.

Reg.

Balazs

TTL for all strobe....   TURTE TTL TRIGGER

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A7R II, wide angle, fisheye, Sony, Nauticam