1832 replies to this topic

#1821 mudbhary

mudbhary

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

Greetings,

I am a cold water diver mostly. I have an oly mod m5 with the pt housing and also a tg5.

Bhushan

#1822 Markobaricevic20

Markobaricevic20

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:20 AM

Hi 

My name is Marko, from Croatia, new to this forum. 

I'm PSS scuba instructor and UW photographer, living in Zagreb. 

Regards, 

Marko

#1823 fdo

fdo

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

Hi, I have been doing UW photography for several years now. Have used different type of gear over the years. My favorite, as a compromised between form and function, is the  micro 4/3 line. Currently, using an Aquatica A EM1. Thinking about upgrading, just in case anyone is interested in buying. Cheers. 

#1824 texross

texross

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

Hi y'all. I'm Ross from Houston TX and have been lurking for a bit. I've been shooting an Olympus TG4 U/W. Looking forward to honing my skills and being part of a great community!

#1825 BDKulick

BDKulick

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:38 AM

Hi friends. Been diving and photographing for about as long as I've had my current teeth. Active in South Florida, and expect to hunt for currently discontinued photo gear.

Life is short. Drink the good wine first.

#1826 dkinpgh1

dkinpgh1

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 AM

Hi, Only been diving for 8 years, primarily around Cozumel. Trying to get better pictures with a Sony NEX 5N in a Meikon housing. 

#1827 and0s

and0s

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Hi, I'm Anders from Seattle, WA. Hunting some additional Inon strobes for a cave trip.

#1828 lesperancejim

lesperancejim

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Hi, I'm Jim from Portland, OR. I'm looking to sell my Nauticam rig for my Sony a7s2.

#1829 Jeanpaul

Jeanpaul

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 PM

Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. My hobbies are surfing, free-diving, playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.

#1830 peartdiver

peartdiver

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Diving, handball (different from team version), photography (land and sea), cooking, beer, gardening and peppers (peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppesr? That be me!)

Posted Today, 07:44 AM

Hello Dive Community:

I Peter Peart.

Let me introduce myself.  I love diving. I live in the Washington DC area and just retired.

I just returned from a diving trip to Curacao. It is lovely place to dive, especially where I have stayed on all my previous 8 trips there. There is a very active house reef easily accessible from the apartments. There are always tanks available 24/7 and a wonderful and secured gear room.

Than said, I have been fortunate over the years to have gotten wet, in the Caribbean, Indonesia, and Iceland. 

Traveling the world and hauling all the gear is one of the few drawbacks to sport. But I trust and know my gear and deal with the hauling, pulling and paying that comes with toting from place to place.

As an avid photographer, there is also that additional gear. And as photographic life has gotten more sophisticated, I am always upgrading and tinkering to find the best setup possible. The irony is that after every dive trip, I always seem to find something to tweak, either by addition or subtraction. Someone's setup gives me ideas and I act.

Anyway, this is the first of many posts and don't want to bore you. 

Regards,

Peter

#1831 Humu797

Humu797

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, photography, motorcycling, current events, progressive politics, science, medicine, ADA issues, service dogs.

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

Hi,

I'm a UK diver, who's looking to sell his Seapro HD Video setup.

Gareth

Hi,

I'm a UK diver, who's looking to sell his Seapro HD Video setup.

Gareth

Hi Gareth. Theres a classified section where you will be able to post your item.

Regards,
Craig in Waipahu, Hawaii

#1832 Humu797

Humu797

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, photography, motorcycling, current events, progressive politics, science, medicine, ADA issues, service dogs.

Posted Today, 11:08 AM

Howdy, all! I'm a 57 year old ER doc from Washington State. I've been diving six years, but only recently picked up a camera. I'm using an Olympus 6020 Stylus Tough (mainly because I flooded my first camera, a Dimage, and it did serious psychological damage) and hoping for some help in improving my technique with the camera.

Hi. Im an ED NP in Hawaii. Been a photographer for 38 years, with several years (80s) as a Seattle Times staff photographer. Shooting underwater is a whole nother can of worms but great fun. The biggest thing you can do to improve images underwater is get close and use an off-camera strobe or two. You can make some good images with your Olympus.

Regards,
Craig Fujii
Waipahu, Hawaii

#1833 Humu797

Humu797

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted Today, 11:15 AM

Hello all,

I'm an UK diver, been interested in photography for a while and finally bought my first UW camera system (S95 with Ikelite housing) less than a year ago. Unfortunately I just had an issue with it and lost a camera to flooding... http://images.wetpix...MO_DIR#/cry.gif Now I'm feeling a bit scared of it happening again, and a friend recommended I join this forum to get some help!

Cheers
Elena

Hi Elena. Be fearless! The S95 is a nice little camera. You will be able to pick one up second hand if your housing is still serviceable. I think many of us have lost cameras. Ive even had a new point and shoot float away when I thought I had it clipped to my BC! Do make certain that you remove, clean and lightly relive the o-ring with every session.

Best,
Craig
Waipahu, Hawaii
Thats relube not relive (oops)
Thats relube not relive (oops)