• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trh_in_houston

trh_in_houston

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing insurance against flooding (and other perils)? When I upgraded this past year (2018) to a more expensive camera system, I purchased insurance from H2OInsurance.com. Their policy seems to cover a number of perils, including flooding of the housing. Since the camera was very expensive, I thought this might be worth the cost.

By the way, I checked and my homeowners would NOT cover the cost of the camera if the housing flooded.

Any thoughts out there?

#2 sailingshipp

sailingshipp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

For a two layer piece of mind I suggest an insurance policy that covers you for accidental loss or unexplained flooding as these are quite common yet don’t always appear in the schedule. I also suggest getting a vacuum leak detection system for extra piece of mind. Personally I use divemaster Insurance. Hope that helps.
Dan

#3 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2398 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas, good food and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club.

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

I think Divemaster Insurance is only valid for UK residents?

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#4 Eyematey

Eyematey

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

I use H2O, had a claim last year for flood and they paid. I was careful to get the flood documented with a letter from the resort in Lembeh where I was staying. Noticed the rates have risen as of Jan, 2019 so may look around when renewal comes up.

Steve

#5 dreifish

dreifish

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:37 AM

Any options for Canadians?

#6 CollinHarrington

CollinHarrington

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

I have Athos Insurance. I had my Red Epic go in the water from a slip on a boat. They covered everything. Thats the only claim I have had and been with them since 2014. Ive asked them about every scenario I could think of and they said yes it will be covered. Not sure if they do outside US or not but I would recommend checking with them.