Shanehugs

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Padi staff instructor
    Diveheart adaptive dive instructor

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Guess I'm done lurking.
New to everything. This is my first camera, I am not a photographer but I love making underwater videos and taking pics so I decided to really dedicated some money and effort into this hobby.

#1682 pjgross

pjgross

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am just getting into underwater photography.  I find these forums very helpful for a beginner like myself...thanks

#1683 jayclue

jayclue

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

Hi Im Jay. Relatively new to UW photo but have been reading wet pixel for about a year now.  Its been very helpful with learning how to shoot better =)

#1684 ScubaTroy

ScubaTroy

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Hello,

I am Troy and live in Denver, CO.   I started diving two years ago and have 122 dives under my belt.    I have been fortunate enough to dive in Hawaii, Cozumel, Raja Ampat, and most recently the Solomon Islands.    I joined the site as I love taking underwater pics and have a lot to learn!    Looking forward to reading the posts and soaking up the wisdom on the site.

Troy

#1685 jlewiswyo

jlewiswyo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

My name is Jason Lewis from Casper Wyoming. Yes in Wyoming we do scuba dive and we have water here. I am a relitavely new diver. Have 175 dives in 2 years. My main profession is Real Estate.
My name is Jason Lewis from Casper Wyoming. Yes in Wyoming we do scuba dive and we have water here. I am a relitavely new diver. Have 175 dives in 2 years. My main profession is Real Estate. I bought my first Camera last year Nauticam Housing and a Canon 5 DMark IV. Love it. Have a ton to learn and hoping there are a few here that are willing to share info.

#1686 Grug

Grug

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

G'day everyone,

I'm Mark, from Melbourne, Australia. I've been diving since I was little, but since it's next stop Antarctica down here at the southern edge of the Antipodes, I've mostly saved my diving to trips much closer to the equator. Just sorted myself out with a drysuit recently though, and that's opened up a whole world of possibility for me, so looking forward to upping the frequency of my diving considerably now.

I'm pretty keen on underwater photography, and looking forward to picking people's brains on here.

Cheers

#1687 vfrday

vfrday

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

HI all, my name is Pete

just got back into diving after 10 year absent and now looking into underwater photography

#1688 ncheel044

ncheel044

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Hi, my name is Steve. I am an amateur photographer/videographer. Better now than when I started, but still learning as I go mostly through experimenting. Joined here to see if I can get some pointers. I shoot mainly with Canon products. Preferred subject is bigger animals such as sharks, turtles, rays, etc... Happy diving!

Edited by ncheel044, 03 December 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#1689 Franco vr

Franco vr

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hi, I'm Franco from Italy, I'm quite new as diver, but I'm keen in photography since a long time. Underwater photography is really difficult, but I'm sure that this forum can help me a lot. I currently use a Olympus tg-5 with housing and strobe. When I get better I'd like to move in a mirrorless system. 

Ciao/cheers

#1690 Luis y Amudena

Luis y Amudena

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi, Not new but so long time without connection i lost all my Id info, 

from Spain, hello to all again.

Luis

#1691 Squalo305

Squalo305

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Hi I am Miguel I am from Mexico been diving since I was a kid, I am very interested in underwater photography and I think this group can help me improve and point me in the right direction with my equipment. I love wildlife photography specially underwater.

#1692 OCNDiver

OCNDiver

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hi, I'm Deanne. Underwater photography has been a passion of mine and I have several camera systems. I'd like to get in to underwater video, so I'm looking for ideas on technique and subject matter.

#1693 rlamarche

rlamarche

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:29 AM

Hi, my name is Romain, I'm from France.

I do underwater photo & video.

For 3 years, I had a Sony RX100III in nauticam housing. The camera is now broken (not flooded) so I've just bought a GH5 with Nauticam housing.

I live in Marseille and I dive every week-ends in the Mediterranean Sea.

Take a look on my Facebook page : https://www.facebook...desirdeplongee/and my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrDd8gm5FiH1pibSDpnDcA?view_as=subscriber

#1694 jcrifasi

jcrifasi

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Greetings,

My name is Jonathan Crifasi, I am from Baton Rouge, LA and have recently moved to South Florida.  I have been here over two years now and one of the first things I did was get my OW certification along with a few advanced courses.  Then I put a camera in my hand... just a GoPro 5 at first but I mastered that quickly and am now beginning my ventures with a more professional rig.  I just got an Olympus E-M5 Mark II and some strobes and have some great plans once I master this camera in the underwater world.  I love the website and look forward to learning from the experienced divers here!

#1695 Christian05

Christian05

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 AM

Hi everyone, Christian here, avid MSD and underwater photographer, focusing (sorry) on compact cams and setups (for travel).

#1696 kevin777r

kevin777r

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Kevin. I've done a lot of sport photography in the past (mostly mountaineering and fly fishing). I've been diving for a while now and am hoping to get into underwater photography