Real life user experience with XIT404 knobs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Kippax

Chris Kippax

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:The underwater world, wildlife photography and mechanical engineering

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

I am struggling to find any real life user reviews of the XIT404 knobs. I was thinking of installing them on an Ikelite dslr housing on the aperture and shutter controls. I was hoping with the ULCS tray and these knobs I could change settings with my right hand almost still on the handle. Does anyone have any experience with these knobs good or bad?

Thanks,

detail_264_Knob2.jpg?itok=u3Sqd7aI

#2 Chris Kippax

Chris Kippax

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:The underwater world, wildlife photography and mechanical engineering

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

No takers on this. If I do purchase I will post some thoughts on the knobs, others may find it useful.

#3 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

Thanks, I would be interested to hear. For the most part, I think the shutter itself and * button triggers are allright on my Ikelite housing, could use slightly longer stems. When the housing is loaded properly, the shutter speed and aperture buttons will work allright, but I always have to check. And since the knobs are high and relatively thin, its a thumb and finger job, not just one finger.

Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 70D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#4 Chris Kippax

Chris Kippax

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

I have purchased the Ultralight dslr tray and handles. I also got the star wheel fasteners for the handles so I can move the handles out when opening/closing the housing and then in when I am ready to dive. I will see how much this improves the ergonomics of the housing then buy the xit404 knobs next.