Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:diving, photography, golf

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:45 AM

There is a new TTL V3 board out for Nikon, see this:

http://www.subal.com..._V3_system.aspx

Also 2 new ones for Canon.

I am still waiting for my Subtronics, they are not on the list of working uw flash systems....But, in manual mode it is possible to change power level on the camera menu system. I was even told by Subal (under Version 2 already) that they can build a switch into one of the free housing plugs (M14 threaded holes; I have 4 of them: 2 for the flash bulks and 2 are free) to change the power level by turning the switch, thus keeping the hands on the housing, which is interesting IMO. Anybody has experience / seen this?

thanks.

Juerg

Juerg
www.jvpictures.com
Nikon D4s, Nikon 16-35 /f4 VR II, 70-180,105mm f/2.8, Subal ND4 housing and ports, 2 Subtronic Fusion (flash and video lights), Sigma 15mm /f2.8, Subal 4" Minidome

#2 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:UNDERWATER PHOTO

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

Subal V2 and V3 boards (Nikon TTL) are almost the same, the difference mainly is in switch type. V3 board has rotary switch, V2 has DIP switch. But functionality of both boards  is almost the same. Supported strobes: Z-240, YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250, DS-161, DS-160.

Subal Canon TTL is new device, interesting product. It has very wide and handy control possibilities by Canon camera menu.

Both new boards (Canon and Nikon) have 10-position rotary switch, its appearence tells us that more new strobes may be supported this year.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 17 January 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#3 buddy

buddy

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for the insight Pavel. If you go to the Boot show will/can you take a current Subtronic flash (Pro 160) and test its TTL-functionality on this board, pleeeeease...  

Juerg
www.jvpictures.com
Nikon D4s, Nikon 16-35 /f4 VR II, 70-180,105mm f/2.8, Subal ND4 housing and ports, 2 Subtronic Fusion (flash and video lights), Sigma 15mm /f2.8, Subal 4" Minidome

#4 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:UNDERWATER PHOTO

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for the insight Pavel. If you go to the Boot show will/can you take a current Subtronic flash (Pro 160) and test its TTL-functionality on this board, pleeeeease...  

I already did such test at previous exhibition at Subtronic booth. Yes, that TTL board worked with Subtronic strobes, but firmware required some adjustment. The good news is that In March/April 2018 the TTL-converters firmware will be officially updated for Subtronic 160 strobe support.  So, you have to wait a couple of months, and everything will be Ok.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 17 January 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#5 buddy

buddy

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

thank you Pavel, that is great news! So just waiting a little bit...

Juerg
www.jvpictures.com