Photo
- - - - -

Looking for light and motion NiMh batteries (dead or alive) and/or for Sunray 2000x lights

sunray 2000 sunray 2000x ligh

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hammerhead02

hammerhead02

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

Hi,

I have a set of Sunray 2000x lights. I am looking for dead batteries (or working batteries). Also, I am looking for parts fro one of the lights. It has flooded and PCB is damaged.

If you have dead batteries, I can repair or show you how I did. As Light and motion no longer sells or supports. Parts (cells) to rebuild are about $30.....

Thanks

#2 tursiops

tursiops

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

I thought all their batteries were Li-Ion.

#3 hammerhead02

hammerhead02

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

Mine are NiMh. They are from approximately 2008. I believe that light and motion made the same form factor in Li-Ion.

#4 Sharkboy99999

Sharkboy99999

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Any luck finding some? I'm needing some as well. Or other methods for batterys

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#5 hammerhead02

hammerhead02

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Brine Shrimp, yes I bought a set of dead batteries and lights from a forum member. I cut open the dead batteries and replaced the cell. Now working good as new. I would still like to buy one more dead battery as I now have 3 good ones...

#6 nyaquaman

nyaquaman

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

Free Stuff!

Reviving this topic because I happen to have a pair of the older version lights with halogen lamp heads, and I'm happy to give them away if anyone can use them.

The battery packs are dead, but you can rebuild them or use the kit for parts. The lamps and chargers still work, and the battery cases, switches and cables are also good.

Cheers,

- Adam