• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trygon

trygon

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

I'm considering changing systems, does anyone have any underwater experience or reviews of the A9?  Is Nauticam the only housing manufacturer with a Nikonos adapter?  I mostly shoot macro and cfwa, what lenses would be recommended for those applications?

Thanks,

Bryce

Bryce Gibson
Knoxville, Tennessee

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, You have to go to places quite out of the way, You have to go to places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have too get wet, too.” Theodor S. Geisel

#2 mbrock

mbrock

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

Hello Bryce

I'm in the process of switching over to the Sony a9. Switching over from a Canon 5D MK III system in Sea&Sea housings. I'll be shooting the camera topside for the first time within the next week. For macro, I'll be using the Sony FE f/2.8 90mm macro lens.

Mike

#3 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:41 AM

SEACAM has the ability to re-manufacture some Nikonos lenses, but as far as I know Nauticam is the only one with a Nikonos lens adapter and an a9 housing.

The Nikonos 15mmFE and the Sony 90mm Macro should do well for you.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com

Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea, Olympus, Seacam, Gates, Ikelite, Zen, Fix, 10Bar, Kraken, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories. System Packages. Photo Expeditions.

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog - Flickr Galleries: Optical Ocean on Flickr