Photo
- - - - -

Professional Training in Light Room/Photoshop ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SCUBA Hank

SCUBA Hank

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Photography, Sailing, Snowboarding, Travel, Red Wine, Cooking

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

Hello Divers...

Does anyone know of any professional level training on Adobe Light Room and Photoshop? I know enough about each to be dangerous but would like to invest in some top-notch professional training...

Any and all suggestions welcome! It's time to step up my game...

-Scoobz

-Scoobz

#2 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2176 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

Hey Scoobz

Have you had a look at the videos Adobe offer on their website? They’re good. And free. They’d be a great start if you’ve not already worked through them.

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#3 Vondo

Vondo

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Generic stuff you can look at Kelby. Also, I know at our local dive show (once per year), we have a paid workshop on UW photo editing. That's almost certainly going to be Lightroom.

#4 tursiops

tursiops

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

Backscatter and Reef Photo both offer workshops specifically on Lightroom for u/w photos.

#5 Chris Kippax

Chris Kippax

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:The underwater world, wildlife photography and mechanical engineering

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

What about Erin Quigley?

#6 SCUBA Hank

SCUBA Hank

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Photography, Sailing, Snowboarding, Travel, Red Wine, Cooking

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:13 AM

Thanks... I already know quite a bit about Lightroom and Photoshop, I am really looking for industry professionals who can take my skill up a notch... I'll keep an eye on the Dive Show seminar line up this year! Thanks...

Generic stuff you can look at Kelby. Also, I know at our local dive show (once per year), we have a paid workshop on UW photo editing. That's almost certainly going to be Lightroom.

-Scoobz

#7 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6309 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:12 AM

Hav a look or contact Doug Sloss of underwaterlightroom.  He and his wife Lorenza offer a lot of expertise on all Adobe products and they do both workshops as well as one to one stuff. They also have lots of products available with tips specifically aimed at underwater photography and Adobe

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in the Lembeh Strait at NAD Lembeh with Doug Sloss in 2018
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in the ultimate classroom, Bali! or join us on a trip www.underwatertribe.com and www.baliuwphoto.com

Join us for a trip in Indonesia in Komodo or Raja Ampat