3 replies to this topic

#1 Diver4fun

Diver4fun

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

Hi all,

I'm interested in buying the Turtle trigger for Olympus, does anyone have experience with these? Having TTL and a good recycling time sounds very appealing.

Regards

My Flickr underwater album - https://flic.kr/s/aHskUKoqFw

#2 Draq

Draq

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

I was hoping someone would reply.  I am interested in that product as well, but it is quite expensive so I thought some feedback would be useful.  Must not be popular.  They have two different models of this and I can't tell from the website which one fits which housing.  

#3 Diver4fun

Diver4fun

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:57 AM

I ended up buying this product and using it in a trip to Indonesia.

While the product initially worked as advertised (tested it at home for a few dives) the build quality is very bad, there's a tiny on/off switch that's hard to use.

It looks like it's fully hand-made, some parts are glued together. The connector between the LED unit and the trigger looks very iffy, it was crooked.

After a couple days of diving it stopped working during the dive. There was no moisture in the housing and couldn't find a reason for it to stop working.

Cleaning the connection/hot shoe didn't help. 

I opened it and the solder looked very messy, I think there was also some rust. I can't believe you pay several hundreds for a device that's maybe worth 30€ in parts?

To make things even worse my Olympus FL-lm3 spare flash also stopped working after a couple of dives. So my expensive liveaboard was basically ruined regarding photography.

Hope this helps to inform people buying this product to at least bring several spares, it's frustrating when everything works apart from the trigger!

My Flickr underwater album - https://flic.kr/s/aHskUKoqFw

#4 Balage_diver

Balage_diver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photo and electronics

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

I ended up buying this product and using it in a trip to Indonesia.

While the product initially worked as advertised (tested it at home for a few dives) the build quality is very bad, there's a tiny on/off switch that's hard to use.

It looks like it's fully hand-made, some parts are glued together. The connector between the LED unit and the trigger looks very iffy, it was crooked.

After a couple days of diving it stopped working during the dive. There was no moisture in the housing and couldn't find a reason for it to stop working.

Cleaning the connection/hot shoe didn't help. 

I opened it and the solder looked very messy, I think there was also some rust. I can't believe you pay several hundreds for a device that's maybe worth 30€ in parts?

To make things even worse my Olympus FL-lm3 spare flash also stopped working after a couple of dives. So my expensive liveaboard was basically ruined regarding photography.

Hope this helps to inform people buying this product to at least bring several spares, it's frustrating when everything works apart from the trigger!

Dear Dive4Fun, 

We are so sorry your trip.  Sometime we had same situation with other technics at the past. 

But.  All Turtle users are very important to Us and we also would like to help in this case.

If you send back the TURTLE  we can check what was the problem and send you a new one with new warranty.

We are open for every user and try to help every situation.

Please write me to the supportATtrt-electronics.com, how can we organise the repair or change.

Regards

Balazs

TTL for all strobe....   TURTE TTL TRIGGER