• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chinschino

chinschino

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hi guys, I recently bought a used Olympus EM1 Mark I camera and Nauticam housing. When I was tickering with settings, I noticed that the stock flash (FL-LM2) was just firing once on continuous or sequential mode. My questions are:

1. Is the stock flash capable of doing burst or multiple flash firing for continuous or sequential mode?
2. Or is my flash busted?

Note: I tried using the Nauticam Flash Trigger of Olympus and it worked perfectly.

Thanks.

#2 ChrisRoss

ChrisRoss

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:09 PM

It depends on the settings and if there is long enough to recharge between shots.  I tried mine at 1/64 manual and got 1 frame with the flash in sequential low at the default 10 FPS but it would fire each frame at 2 FPS.  At 3FPS it would fire for 3 frames then skip a frame.

Flash trigger is a different story all together, an LED does not need time to recharge and will fire every time as long as the battery lasts.

Edited by ChrisRoss, 21 April 2018 - 11:09 PM.

#3 chinschino

chinschino

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for helping out Chris.

#4 paratom

paratom

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

The little flash of the Em1 can be faulty. I had a faulty unit, now allways bring a spare on dive vacations. I dont know if it can do burst, but I know it is not a solid unit.

#5 echo2600

echo2600

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

The OEM flash recycles painfully slowly.... the Nauticam mini flash trigger seems to do the trick for me...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Em1, Em1 mark i, Olympus, Olympus flash, Flash issue