Photo
- - - - -

New Zealand underwater web site showcasing photos and videos

Rena videos photos temperate New Zealand Nautica Canon 7D Mk II Bay of Plenty Underwater

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dynamodale

dynamodale

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

Hi, I have been busy in the last few days putting up a website to showcase underwater footage from here in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.

The 236m container ship MV Rena was wrecked on a local reef 4 years ago, at the time carrying 1368 shipping containers. After an extensive period of salvage operations the owners wish to keep the remains on the reef and part of that process involves going to the local regional council for a resource consent.The local  dive club Mounta Maunganui Underwater Club that I am a member of is endorsing that stance and some of us recently had the oportunity to dive the wreck for ourselves capturing photos and video.

Their is considerable opposition from various parties for the wreck to remain so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Due to this increase in interest in the underwater environment this has created I thought it would be timely to showcase my videos and photos that I have been taking for my own personal interest over the last 5 years.

Hopefully it will be of interest to some of you here.

http://bayofplentyun...ter.com/videos/

Best Regards, Dale

Edited by dynamodale, 29 June 2015 - 01:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rena, videos, photos, temperate, New Zealand, Nautica, Canon 7D Mk II, Bay of Plenty Underwater