• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrtDay

GrtDay

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

I bought a Maha 801 AA Ni-Cad/Li-ion battery charger after seeing it endorsed on this board.  It worked great...for a month.
After 4 weeks, it melted a cell and even melted the body of the charger.  BIG fire hazard, but "No big deal," I thought. "I have the Maha 3 year warranty."
Getting through to Maha was a bear.  The web site for customer service never received any of my info.  
Finally, after 4 separate calls and 5 re-sends of the same information to 4 different addresses, they tell me:
"We cannot locate your purchase in our vendors database and therefore cannot honor your warranty request."
I was livid!  I had invested $75 in a charger that was defective.  THEY couldn't get it together to send me a valid web address to send the requested purchase invoice, PHOTO of the unit, as well as my pertinent information.
I'm really fed up with MaHa/Powerex and would NOT recommend anyone purchase their product.  They may have a great charger, but the customer service and warranty are worthless!

Nikon D200 in an Ikelite housing, Dual Ikelite DS-125's on Ultra-Light arms, Nikkor 10.5, 12-24, 105 and 60 macro, 17-55-

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1373 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

I'm not sure who your dealer was. We've never had any problems with the very few MAHA chargers and batteries we've had whiie selling them for many years.

I would just go back to the dealer. Most times we just exchange the faulty unit and MAHA has done them same the next time we've ordered.

Jack

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com

Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea, Olympus, Seacam, Gates, Ikelite, Zen, Fix, 10Bar, Kraken, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories. System Packages. Photo Expeditions.

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog - Flickr Galleries: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 GrtDay

GrtDay

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

I did contact the dealer.  He told me to go directly to MaHa.  The product may be fine, (although mine melted the housing) but Maha's customer service was wretched!  Perhaps one of the worst and most frustrating customer service experiences I have ever had to endure.  NO EXCUSE!

Nikon D200 in an Ikelite housing, Dual Ikelite DS-125's on Ultra-Light arms, Nikkor 10.5, 12-24, 105 and 60 macro, 17-55-

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1864 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

Who was the dealer? I have used Maha (the 4-cell ones) for thousands of charging cycles with never an issue.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#5 leepix

leepix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Ships, boats and diving

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

I have several Maha chargers and no problems.  That we cant find you line is an old put off.  Go to the dealer you know and tell him if he wants to keep you  as a customer, then he should DO something